Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2014, 06:33 PM   #1
MonkeyBean415
Registered Users
Formerly: Coastiefam415
seller
seller

Want to continue rfing 3year old need recs

Ok. So I'm looking for recommendations. DD1 is 3, 27lbs and DD2 is 5 months 15ish lbs. dd1 is still rfing in a britax roundabout and dd2 is still in her infant bucket. I'm trying to decide if I should get a new seat for dd1 and move dd2 into the britax or get dd2 a new seat. Any recs are appreciated I don't have time to research car seats right now. We have a van so size/space is no problem. Help! Thank you!

Eta- I've decided to pass down the roundabout but now need to find a seat for dd1. I would like to keep her rfing but from my little research it seems while a lot of different seats have higher weight limits the heights are all still the same :/ am I wrong? I also will need to order online so can't really shop around for prices.

Advertisement

Last edited by MonkeyBean415; 01-22-2014 at 09:28 AM.
MonkeyBean415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:28 PM   #2
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Looking for advice and recommendations please

I would pass down the roundabout. Do you plan to RF or FF your oldest?

Great customer service from:

meljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:38 PM   #3
MonkeyBean415
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by meljc View Post
I would pass down the roundabout. Do you plan to RF or FF your oldest?
Id like to keep her rear facing as long as possible. What seat would be good for her? I really like our britax but don't really have anymore than $150ish in the budget for seat. I was thinking of getting another roundabout but I don't know if that would make sense. We plan on having another baby in a couple years if that makes a difference.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:51 AM   #4
mommyfrog
Registered Users

Have you looked at the Graco Headwise 70? It has a couple other names too, depending on the store. It seems like a nice seat and I've seen them on sale for cheaper than this target website. http://www.target.com/p/graco-headwi...lot=medium_1_7. They are very tall, so would last you dd longer than another Britax and could be passed down when you have another baby and your dd is ready for a ff seat.
Jeanie, wife of Paul, mommy of Aurora-20 and married (5/23/94), Oliver-18 (12/27/95), Simon-15 (9/11/98), Savannah-14 (4/9/00), Harrison-11 (2/26/03), Genevieve-9 (2/24/05), and Sebastian-6 (4/24/08), Precious Baby Girl (lost 8/10), Magnus-(4/26/14)
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:40 AM   #5
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yeah Roundabout and ERF don't really go together. I haven't used the Graco seats, but they seem like a good bet given your budget. Here's the full review: http://carseatblog.com/18372/graco-s...arseat-review/

The Size4Me is available at AlbeeBaby for $153 after coupon: http://www.albeebaby.com/graco-size4...eat-aries.html

Great customer service from:

meljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:31 PM   #6
neonalee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Want to continue rfing 3year old need recs

We switched to a sunshine kids... um, radian? They have a taller shell. DS is 3.5 & RF, though I couldn't begin to tell you how tall or weight right now. I think this is what we got (from Amazon) plus the angle adjuster. I LOVE it.

http://us.diono.com/convertible-to-booster/radianrxt

I Swagbucks
neonalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:39 AM   #7
brigala
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How tall is your daughter?

If you need something that will be economical and last a long time, I'd recommend the Evenflo SureRide. Rear-faces to 40 lbs or 40" tall, whichever comes first. Forward faces, like, forever (65 lbs; tall enough that it would be hard to find a child to outgrow it by height before weight). List price is $100, less on sale. If you have a Kohl's Card you can stack the 30% off code and the free shipping code to get it for $67+tax. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?p=2691147

The Graco Headwise is also a good suggestion. It tends to be more expensive, but it has several cheaper cousins. It can be found under the names "Graco Size4Me" (Babies R Us), "Graco Fit4Me" (Walmart), or "Graco MySize" (everywhere else). Usually you can find one of these clones on sale in the $150 range, sometimes less. Do not confuse it with the Graco MyRide, which is a very different seat and has much less height capacity.
brigala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:03 PM   #8
MonkeyBean415
Registered Users
seller
seller

She's about 27 lbs and 36" tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by brigala View Post
How tall is your daughter?

If you need something that will be economical and last a long time, I'd recommend the Evenflo SureRide. Rear-faces to 40 lbs or 40" tall, whichever comes first. Forward faces, like, forever (65 lbs; tall enough that it would be hard to find a child to outgrow it by height before weight). List price is $100, less on sale. If you have a Kohl's Card you can stack the 30% off code and the free shipping code to get it for $67+tax. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?p=2691147

The Graco Headwise is also a good suggestion. It tends to be more expensive, but it has several cheaper cousins. It can be found under the names "Graco Size4Me" (Babies R Us), "Graco Fit4Me" (Walmart), or "Graco MySize" (everywhere else). Usually you can find one of these clones on sale in the $150 range, sometimes less. Do not confuse it with the Graco MyRide, which is a very different seat and has much less height capacity.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:54 PM   #9
jjordan
Registered Users
seller

How long do you want to RF and how much growing room does she have in the Roundabout? She's already nearly halfway to 4, so a roundabout might get her that far RF, and if that's the case then it would be a totally fine choice if you like it. If you want other options, then the ones previously mentioned as well as the Graco MyRide would be fine for a small kid like yours.
jjordan is offline   Reply With Quote