Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-22-2014, 10:20 AM   #1
Mcorey41
Registered Users
seller

Clek foofn in honda accord

Does anyone have any experience using a foofn in an accord? My two yr old is rf in a britax marathon but will outgrow it sometime this year. I'm trying to keep her rf to 4. Thanks!

Advertisement

Mcorey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:44 AM   #2
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcorey41 View Post
Does anyone have any experience using a foofn in an accord? My two yr old is rf in a britax marathon but will outgrow it sometime this year. I'm trying to keep her rf to 4. Thanks!
You could probably rf to 4 in most 40 lb rf seats. From what I read the height limit on the foonf isn't that high
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:16 PM   #3
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Clek foofn in honda accord

I personally haven't tried it. You could ask on car-seat.org. From what I've seen the Foonf sits on a really high base. I personally wouldn't be comfortable with that level of obstruction.

In our Camry we use the Nextfit with no issues. They have the same seating height, but Nextfit gives you an extra .5" of harness height.

Great customer service from:

meljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:20 AM   #4
Mcorey41
Registered Users
seller

Do you like the nextfit? That was the other one we are considering. We have the keyfit for our infant seat and love it.
Mcorey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:13 AM   #5
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcorey41 View Post
Do you like the nextfit? That was the other one we are considering. We have the keyfit for our infant seat and love it.
LOVE IT Super easy to install with a seatbelt even! And the harness adjuster is smooth like the Keyfit, which apparently isn't the case for other convertibles. 20% off at AlbeeBaby now.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:25 AM   #6
brigala
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The Foonf isn't my all time favorite car seat, but it does fit nicely behind the driver's seat in my Civic - provided I don't need the front seat all the way back. With it placed directly behind the driver, it doesn't block visibility at all. I wouldn't want it in the center.

I use a Radian in the center of my Civic and it doesn't block visibility because it's nicely reclined (a full 45 degrees). That might be another option for you. My step-daughter has a Radian in her Accord for her son. She's super short and I don't think she has any visibility issues either.

The Foonf really is quite tall. It has a 43" height limit for rear-facing, which has been clarified by the Foonf representative to mean "anything under 44 inches." It is physically tall enough it should get almost any kid regardless of shape all the way to 43.9 inches rear-facing (or 50 lbs, of course; whichever comes first).
brigala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:41 AM   #7
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have Radians in our accord and they fit nicely in the outboard seats RFing. DH's Accord has a hump in the middle, so the Radian is kind of tippy there RFing. FF, it works fine there.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:32 AM   #8
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by brigala View Post
The Foonf isn't my all time favorite car seat, but it does fit nicely behind the driver's seat in my Civic - provided I don't need the front seat all the way back. With it placed directly behind the driver, it doesn't block visibility at all. I wouldn't want it in the center.

I use a Radian in the center of my Civic and it doesn't block visibility because it's nicely reclined (a full 45 degrees). That might be another option for you. My step-daughter has a Radian in her Accord for her son. She's super short and I don't think she has any visibility issues either.

The Foonf really is quite tall. It has a 43" height limit for rear-facing, which has been clarified by the Foonf representative to mean "anything under 44 inches." It is physically tall enough it should get almost any kid regardless of shape all the way to 43.9 inches rear-facing (or 50 lbs, of course; whichever comes first).
I'm so used to DS being in the center of our Camry that I wasn't even thinking about outboard seating

Just curious... I haven't used a Radian, but how old is your LO at a 45 degree angle? I think my 2yo might not love such a substantial recline.

Old 01-24-2014, 04:39 PM   #9
allierebecca
Registered Users
seller

Good question! I need to start looking into this too!
allierebecca is offline   Reply With Quote