Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-24-2014, 03:22 PM   #1
MiaAnjuli
Registered Users
seller

Advice: 2.5 year old and 5 year old

We have 2 Scenera's, a True Fit Premier, and a coccoro. Right now my 5 year old is in the True Fit, and my 2.5 year old is in a scenera. The other scenera and coccoro are back up seats in my husband's car. But my oldest has reached the limit for the scenera.
So my options are to get the 5 year old a new seat. I want a frontier, though I don't know the difference of each version or which to get. Also would you move the true fit, and use it as the back up seat. Or give that one to the 2.5 year old, and also buy a back up seat? What is a good back up seat for a 40 lbs 5 year old? Oh and both of my kids are small to average height, and pretty skinny.

Thanks for any advice. I haven't had to think about buying seats in some time.

Advertisement

Last edited by MiaAnjuli; 01-24-2014 at 03:29 PM.
MiaAnjuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:44 PM   #2
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Advice: 2.5 year old and 5 year old

I'm assuming that the 5 year old is currently in the truefit in your (primary) car and the scenara in your husband's (secondary) car, and the toddler is in the scenara in your (primary) car and the cocorro in your husband's (secondary) car?

If this is true, I'd either pull the scenara from your husband's car, put the true fit in there, and get the frontier for your car. How is the toddler fitting in the cocorro? I know they're small, but have no direct experience with it, as we don't have them up here. If the toddler is fitting well in the cocorro, that's all I'd do for now. If she's looking to outgrow it, I'd replace the cocorro in your husband's car with the other scenara.

The TL;DR version

If the 2.5 year old is still fine in the cocorro

5 year old: Frontier in mommy's car, true fit in daddy's
2.5 year old: Scenara in mommy's car, cocorro in Daddy's.

If the 2.5 year old is outgrowing the cocorro:

5 Year old: Frontier in Mommy's car, True fit in Daddy's
2.5 year old: Scenara in both vehicles.

With a kid on the tiny end, it doesn't much matter which fronteir you get, any will last her well into booster age.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:44 PM   #3
MiaAnjuli
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computermama View Post
I'm assuming that the 5 year old is currently in the truefit in your (primary) car and the scenara in your husband's (secondary) car, and the toddler is in the scenara in your (primary) car and the cocorro in your husband's (secondary) car?

If this is true, I'd either pull the scenara from your husband's car, put the true fit in there, and get the frontier for your car. How is the toddler fitting in the cocorro? I know they're small, but have no direct experience with it, as we don't have them up here. If the toddler is fitting well in the cocorro, that's all I'd do for now. If she's looking to outgrow it, I'd replace the cocorro in your husband's car with the other scenara.

The TL;DR version

If the 2.5 year old is still fine in the cocorro

5 year old: Frontier in mommy's car, true fit in daddy's
2.5 year old: Scenara in mommy's car, cocorro in Daddy's.

If the 2.5 year old is outgrowing the cocorro:

5 Year old: Frontier in Mommy's car, True fit in Daddy's
2.5 year old: Scenara in both vehicles.

With a kid on the tiny end, it doesn't much matter which fronteir you get, any will last her well into booster age.
Thank you! Yes you are correct about my car being the primary car. Sorry, I didn't write that very well. He technically fits in the Coccoro, and will for some time. But it's pretty narrow, and isn't as comfortable looking as the Scenera. So I do think we will have my 2.5 year old in the Scenera for both cars. Thanks for all the help.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:57 PM   #4
jjordan
Registered Users
seller

I would consider boostering a 40# 5 year old in the secondary car. Becca's plan will certainly work, though, if you have your heart set on a Frontier.
jjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 03:40 PM   #5
MiaAnjuli
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjordan View Post
I would consider boostering a 40# 5 year old in the secondary car. Becca's plan will certainly work, though, if you have your heart set on a Frontier.
Thanks. I'm not sure I'm ready to not harness him. Even if it's only in our secondary car. They still drive in it at least once a week from town to the base 20 minutes away going 60 mph. And there have been many accidents lately.