Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-27-2014, 10:58 PM   #1
aravae
Registered Users
seller

So, I'm looking for a convertible infant-booster seat for my 6mo to use in my partner's car. The safety 1st alpha omega elite is really cheap at Costco right now, but I'm worried it won't fit well or is just generally a cheap seat, since it's priced so well.

Have you used this seat? What do you like or dislike? Do you think it would fit in a Mazda 3?

Advertisement

Last edited by aravae; 01-27-2014 at 11:03 PM.
aravae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:30 AM   #2
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:
Re: safety 1st alpha omega elite?

The three in ones generally make really really crappy boosters. I wouldn't buy one honestly. They're really cheap all around in my experience. I'd skip it and get a scenara instead. They don't turn into boosters, but considering how crappy the AOEs tend to fit, they don't really either.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:49 AM   #3
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

That seat is not recommended to use as a booster. I agree with the pp and go or the scenara as well
Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:49 AM   #4
bpirof
Registered Users
seller

They're horrible as a convertible... Okay forward facing but are miserable to install rear facing. And take up a ton if room. You have to use pool noodles/towels/something else that is allowed to get the required recline angle. I would recommend the Cosco seats the pp mentioned, the Cosco apt tends to be really easy to install rf and ff and has good height/weight limits for both, it's about $50

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
bpirof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:24 AM   #5
jjordan
Registered Users
seller

Depending on your budget, you might be able to go with something more user-friendly and longer-lasting than the scenera that the pp's have recommended.

ETA: But yes, another vote for avoiding the all-in-one.
jjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:19 AM   #6
KendallMarie
Registered Users
seller

I got one at my shower... I LOATH that seat. It's a nightmare to install, awful to tighten the straps RF, and yeah is specifically not recommended as a booster so the 3-1 becomes a 2-1. Mine is currently in my dad's car for the rare occasions he has my little guy but the second I find any excuse to replace it it will be gone.

You could look at something like a SureRide doesn't go to booster but it does FF a long time with the height/weight limits.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:36 AM   #7
aravae
Registered Users
seller

OK, glad I didn't buy it. I guess our budget is under $100 for a rf-ff. If like it go to to booster, but boosters are cheap, so I guess that's not a strong requirement. So, what's the best rf-ff under 100?
aravae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:46 AM   #8
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

I can't stand our Scenara/onSide Air for rear-facing (cr@ppy install requiring pool noodle/towel, tough to tighten LATCH strap, harness adjuster is difficult, cover constantly slips off the top), but a lot of people seem to like and recommend the SureRide (haven't used it personally). I have a more expensive Evenflo (Symphony DLX) and I'm impressed by the ease of use and high quality customer service.

Great customer service from:

Last edited by meljc; 01-28-2014 at 11:49 AM.
meljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:48 AM   #9
bpirof
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravae
OK, glad I didn't buy it. I guess our budget is under $100 for a rf-ff. If like it go to to booster, but boosters are cheap, so I guess that's not a strong requirement. So, what's the best rf-ff under 100?
Evenflo sureride. Great seat, lots of legroom rf, awesome height/weight limits, just overall great seat for the price range... If I needed a seat right now for under 100 it's what I would buy

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
bpirof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:54 AM   #10
Powersmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would not ever buy this seat! My friend gave one to me. It's horrible. It can't be used as a booster seat. It doesn't sit very well in some cars. Takes a lot of wrangling to get it to sit right. The straps get twisted easily. I feel like it's built cheaply. Do you need it for RF and FF? I have a Recaro Proride and LOVE it. I like it better than any other car seat I've tried. I got my sister the secure kid 400 and it's a great seat. I think it's only FF though. It's super narrow but it's tall and seems comfortable. Good luck finding a seat!
Powersmom is offline   Reply With Quote