Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2014, 10:01 AM   #1
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Pria 70 in compact car (or perhaps Nextfit)

According to THIS chart it scores the highest for fitting in compact cars RF at a very upright angle (which is fine it's for a 2 year old). Anyone with personal experience with this? How is it for FF? I would like to order one for my almost 4 year old as well. She's on the small side. Also considering Nextfit for the 2 year old to RF in the compact car if the Pria 70 isn't going to be good. Any thoughts? Almost positive this will be going in a Scion xA but a Honda Fit is also an option. I'm loving the xA more though

Advertisement

Old 01-30-2014, 11:07 AM   #2
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Pria 70 in compact car (or perhaps Nextfit)

I haven't used a Pria, but I love my Nextfit and it's super easy to install (only done seatbelt, not LATCH). I think the Nextfit also lasts longer RF and I would not personally use the upright angle at which the Pria was tested (did you read their testing notes?) because of serious head slump when my 2.5yo falls asleep. I think your child would have to REALLY REALLY like sitting super upright.

If you're debating between cars, you might want to look at the lower anchor and top tether positions, along with any weird buckle stalk issues, to see which car would be more installation friend. I don't know much about either car, but I will say that being able to recline the car's seat while installing makes it SO easy to get a tight install for almost any seat. We have a CR-V and a Camry -- the CR-V can use LATCH in any seating position, while the Camry only has LATCH outboard. I'm not sure if the same is true in their smaller models.

Great customer service from:

meljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:54 PM   #3
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks We have an 06 scion xB and this is an 06 xA that I'm pretty set on getting so I'm assuming things are pretty similar since the xB is small but I could be wrong! I haven't seen much about the Pria so I didn't know about the recline and all that. Good to know about the Nextfit though

My DD1 wants a seat that is pink and has a cup holder so the Pria caught my eye because of that Off to research some more!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Last edited by hilaryisinked; 01-30-2014 at 12:56 PM.
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 01:09 PM   #4
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Pria 70 in compact car (or perhaps Nextfit)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaryisinked View Post
Thanks We have an 06 scion xB and this is an 06 xA that I'm pretty set on getting so I'm assuming things are pretty similar since the xB is small but I could be wrong! I haven't seen much about the Pria so I didn't know about the recline and all that. Good to know about the Nextfit though

My DD1 wants a seat that is pink and has a cup holder so the Pria caught my eye because of that Off to research some more!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
AlbeeBaby has the Nextfit in Rose and always 15% off (not sure if 20% off Chicco is still going)

Great customer service from:

meljc is offline   Reply With Quote