Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-03-2014, 08:30 AM   #11
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
We got a huge collapsible crate (black wire kind) from Walmart. But that was ten years ago. We also got one at pet smart that had a divider in it to make it smaller for puppy.

Our dog was a 120lb black lab horse mix.

Advertisement

Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:37 AM   #12
blessedwifenmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2013 due date chat--February

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
We got a huge collapsible crate (black wire kind) from Walmart. But that was ten years ago. We also got one at pet smart that had a divider in it to make it smaller for puppy.

Our dog was a 120lb black lab horse mix.
The people we're getting the puppy from also have a huge yellow lab, probably about that size. She thinks it's because he was put on steroids for some medical condition when he was a pup.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:42 AM   #13
stevensmom
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedwifenmama

The people we're getting the puppy from also have a huge yellow lab, probably about that size. She thinks it's because he was put on steroids for some medical condition when he was a pup.
We have no idea about ours as she was our pound puppy. But she had like bull mastif mix in her or something. She also thought she was a lap dog. At 120lbs that's not okay. And being that big you wouldn't think she could liquify herself and go under fences. She was a great escape artist. Unfortunately we had to take her back to the pound after five years. She had nipped at ds a few times and we were moving to a new house with not a huge yard for her . I don't think she diver made it out of there . This was the third time she had been returned to the pound. We had her the longest tho.
Swag with me! Bing it!
Old 02-03-2014, 09:14 AM   #14
sdavis514
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have a 50 lb Beagle/Shepard mix who thinks he is a lap dog too!

Glad he is not any bigger!!
Old 02-03-2014, 09:57 AM   #15
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I know some don't like that we got a "designer" dog but I got him after a TON of research. a 60 lbs dog wouldn't do well in our house, I can't imagine what a 120 lbs dog would be like! We have a Cavashon, which I call a cheaper version of a Cavalier. Those dogs are WAY expensive! Like $3000 when we were pricing them out! Our dog is about 22 Lbs and perfect size for our house. I also love that he doesn't require a ton of exercise as I am not one to work out.

I don't know how you get a big crate for a dog that is big. Our dog has his crate and depending on how we place things in the van, he can fit in front of one of the children's carseats.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:19 PM   #16
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

How is everyone. I was having a heck of a time getting ds to run on my computer. I could get it on my phone if I turned the wifi off but not if I was running off of the wifi. Oh well, I got it figured out.

Dh left today for Texas, just in time for another round of negative temps. Our high wed is suppose to be -2 before wind chill. Turned clothes in to OUAC and got $77 for them YAY. Having a day just getting laundry done, no real cleaning, that will have to wait for tomorrow. Still have to go get Afton from cooking club and take her straight to gymnastics then home for homework. She signed up for cooking club without discussing it with me first so I don't feel too bad that she is going to be tired tonight. It is only 4 Mondays so I doubt it will be too bad on her. Yep that is my life in a nut shell today. Oh yes, I am still mourning yesterdays game LOL but I guess life will go on.
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:41 PM   #17
stevensmom
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm thinking about dropping our clothes off at a local consignment shop. We have a ouac but they don't give you much and are kind of rude. I still think I might just do a garage sale. I have enough clothes to open up my own store
Swag with me! Bing it!
Old 02-04-2014, 09:25 AM   #18
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Happy cold morning to all. It was -1 on the way to school today with the wind chill at -21. Thank God nothing is going on tonight. Goal today: Kitchen
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:12 PM   #19
sdavis514
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
I'm thinking about dropping our clothes off at a local consignment shop. We have a ouac but they don't give you much and are kind of rude. I still think I might just do a garage sale. I have enough clothes to open up my own store
I don't like our consignment stores either. I usually sell in lots on Facebook. I won't meet for anything less than $5 for I group things in lots and usually they sell pretty quickly.

Afm- not much going on today. Sold a few things, ran dishwasher, probably tacos for dinner. Gotta go thru our diaper bin. The girls are outgrowing newborn size but one sizes gape in the legs. Gotta figure out what to do in the interim. Been pad folding nb prefolds and the nb workhorses are ok on the last snaps. Have a half dozen small fitted and a few covers. Gonna do some trying on to see what might work. Some one sizes work from 9-10 lbs ( the girls are just 10 lbs) but I know some are better more like 12 lbs up.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:12 PM   #20
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sorry I fell off the face of the earth again. We lost power yesterday for about 6 hours, so today I have had to do a bit of catch up. We could likely loose power again in the next 24 hours as we are due to get an ice storm and they don't believe in burying power lines. I actually had someone tell me once that if they did that they would be harder to work on. REALLY? Well you wouldn't have to work on them so often!! Sometimes this state is backwards!

Anyway, I haven't ever done consignment. SDavis That stinks about the diapers. We have been good with the diapers I made when I was pregnant. I keep thinking he is going to out grow them but so far he hasn't. I am certainly getting my money out of them!

Today N got up to the 0.3% for weight! He is climbing up that ladder!!! He weighed 13 lbs 2.5 oz. Some of that is poo but I am going to take it! Maybe the lights going off is good for the little guy!