Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2014, 10:46 AM   #21
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Febuary & March)

Ariana! What a stressful event! Prayers for a smooth next few weeks!

Advertisement

Old 02-08-2014, 05:27 AM   #22
bhunt479
Registered Users
seller

Ariana-give me some laundry tips to keep me busy at home! I still have to wash baby clothes and prep diapers and am pretty lazy too, I procrastinate a lot. Hope your family kicks that sickness soon.
bhunt479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 02:10 PM   #23
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I do a hot soak ( with soap) for at least an hour. Drain that, then do a warm wash with softener (no soap) with warm rinse!!! I'm really OCD about really rinsing the clothes and not having soap or softener stuck on them! They still come out soft and smelling good!

It's pouring rain today. We've had this storm for 2 days and not supposed to leave until Monday. DH was supposed to work but once he looked outside, he was like.....yeah.....f that!!!!!
Now we are hanging out and watching netflix.
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:14 PM   #24
fishingfor5
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

He's here -- he's here!!! Baby boy - no name yet. 9#6 oz 22 inches. Born at 3:02 pm today. We got home around 8 pm. He is a chow hound and simply wonderful. It was a tougher birth than my others so we are exhausted. Update more later.
Blessings from -Tori (42)wife to the amazing Dan(41) for 21yrs. Mom to the Fab 5, DS22, DS18, DS12, DD10, and DD2 Homeschooling, BFing, new to CDing, Not so good at Vaxing, SAHM 5 ^0^ resting with the Father till we meet again Joyfully snuggling our newest son born February 9 2014.
fishingfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:47 PM   #25
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfor5
He's here -- he's here!!! Baby boy - no name yet. 9#6 oz 22 inches. Born at 3:02 pm today. We got home around 8 pm. He is a chow hound and simply wonderful. It was a tougher birth than my others so we are exhausted. Update more later.
Yay!!!! Congrats!!!
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:30 AM   #26
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Say wwwhhhaaattt????? Congrats mama!!!!!!! Can't wait to see some pics!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:31 AM   #27
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trying4more View Post
I went into PTL Tuesday. They stopped it and I got the doses to mature his lungs! I was freaked out and over emotional. It was pretty traumatic since I was home alone with 3 of the 4 kids. I called my sister who freaked out and called 911. I couldn't get a hold of my mom or DH so the fire department sat with The kids until DH came about 10min later (my sister got a hold of him)
I got accused of doing drugs because it wasn't on the charts that I have PUPPS and my legs are scabbed up. My good friend who is a L&D nurse there came and cleared everything up, but I was PISSED after the contractions stopped and the pain meds kicked in!!!

All in all, I'm on rest now until 35 weeks. I have 2.5 weeks to go until then. I'm already sick of doing nothing but DH has STEPPED up with the kids and house! I just wanna bake this boy as much as possible!!!!!!
That sounds horrible. Hope you can keep him in a long as you would like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunt479 View Post
Ariana-hope everything goes smoothly for you and you can bake as long as possible!
Since we're close in timing (I'm 32 weeks), think I'm getting to be in the same boat as you. I had the shots today too to mature baby's lungs since I found out this week my placenta previa is not resolving itself and baby is also in breech position. Gets scary really fast when you're almost there! I'm also now on bedrest for as long as possible, still hoping go to 37 weeks.
You are getting so close! Hope you find things to keep you occupied while on bed rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trying4more View Post
Sorry to hear about the placenta. I'm pretty sure baby is head down, but no one has said anything about it, so I'm not really sure. By feeling, I'm almost positive his butt is under my left rib!

Of course now that I'm not allowed to do much, I want to do everything. I'm still doing laundry, since that will drown the house if I don't stay on top of it and I'm VERY ocd about it, so I WON'T let DH do it.
The laundry room is upstairs so it's not like I have to carry loads up and down stairs.

I defiently have the 3rd trimester lazies!!! I'm SOOOOOOO tired. I wake up, pee, then lay back down with no ambition to get up.
On top of all that, people are STILL sick in the house. We just can't kick this stupid cold.
I must have the third tri lazies now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfor5 View Post
YAY! Congrats!
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:33 AM   #28
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
Yay!!!! Congrats!!!
Mel- how are you doing? Haven't heard from you in a few days, you still hanging in there?

AFM, still sick, still pregnant (YAY!) and just have to wait 1 more week until I hopefully get to find out gender.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:46 PM   #29
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
Mel- how are you doing? Haven't heard from you in a few days, you still hanging in there?

AFM, still sick, still pregnant (YAY!) and just have to wait 1 more week until I hopefully get to find out gender.
7w0d today. Scan showed heart rate of 137, and arm and leg buds were visible (it looks like I'm baking a gummy bear!).

HG is kicking my butt. Big time. OB is hesitant to prescribe zofran after a study that just came out with questionable outcomes, although a partner she works with wrote me a scrip and so did my RI (a small one to hold me over until I could talk to her). She did write me a scrip for Diclegis (which was $480 after insurance with my one insurance and $80 with my other but needs prior authorization). So, while I wait for prior auth to go through (which can take 3-5 days) my choices are to puke every 30 minutes around the clock and not be able to take care of my son while my husband is unable to and end up in the hospital with dehydration, or I can take a 4mg zofran every 12 hours which stops the puking and allows me to drink gatorade for the most part, only puking 1-2 times a day.

I chose the later. I know some people might choose otherwise. I'm assuming those people *may* have not dealt with severe HG. My OB is doubtful of her decision, and is on the fence since I have a rougher case, so she has pulled in a MFM and has classified me as high risk (since I HAVE to keep these meds in me to keep this baby baking), who will advise her in regards to zofran before 12 weeks. Regardless, at 12 weeks I have free reign of zofran, and I plan to bake with it (joking!).

So I have to make it 5 weeks. 35 days.

I can do this. Remember all those "I am a warrior" sayings I posted everywhere when I was giving injections and remembering lost children? Buck up, throw up, get up... Pretend you're back in college after a fun night. I believe the saying back then was "puke and rally". Thundercats go! Puke Rainbows!
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...

Last edited by Hope4More; 02-10-2014 at 07:50 PM.
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:44 AM   #30
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mel- Check with someone but I'm pretty sure that unisom and B6 does something very similar to the diglisis. My ob told me to try it first. So I take a unisom and 100mg b6 at bed time and then 50mg of b6 when I wake up. It really helps. But they also had me on the Zofran before 12 weeks. You might ask about that if the insurance is taking to long on the RX. Good luck. I'm working on weaning off the Zofran this week. I'm not feeling great but I'm on day two without Zofran and without puking. I tried weaning off last week and on day 1 I was puking just as soon as my previous dose wore off so I'm really hoping the worst is past for me. So glad to hear your gummy bear is hanging on!