Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2014, 09:23 PM   #11
Namiko
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Vaccine Reactions?? Questions from a clueless Mom...

The fever could definitely be from an infection and not necessarily the shot. When i was 5 i stepped on a rusty nail. I did not get the tetanus vaccine and had only received one dtp when i was a baby. That night i ran a fever up to 104 and was getting delirious. My mom watched me closely and by morning my fever was down and i was ok. Not that i would exactly recommend her approach but just to say a fever can be common with a wound like that with or without the vaccine

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Old 02-09-2014, 10:11 PM   #12
eracheld
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Did they not give you a sheet with the risks and possible side effects? I thought that was required by law?

Scentsy team!
eracheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:01 AM   #13
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eracheld
Did they not give you a sheet with the risks and possible side effects? I thought that was required by law?
Nope
Old 02-10-2014, 05:04 AM   #14
Ellasundies
Registered Users

Op that is a normal reaction but I would go in to your pcp to make sure the wound is not infected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eracheld View Post
I no longer vax but when I was I never got a sheet like that.
Ellasundies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:34 AM   #15
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

VIS papers are required by law and should have been in all the paperwork received at discharge. If it's not in there for whatever reason, This link

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/index.html

should help you get them.

Having said that, as others have said, the fever is a normal reaction and as a reaction to the vaccine, not something to be concerned about. HOWEVER, as a reaction to a puncture wound to the back of the head, I would be really concerned about infection to the wound. Depending on what caused the wound, that's a potentially more likely source of the fever, and as such, makes it more concerning, IMO.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:55 AM   #16
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
He's doing much better today. His temp this morning was 99.6 and he's acting like his typical self. The wound looks good, so I am thinking it was a vaccine reaction. He got the DT vaccine at a walk in clinic from a nurse. They had to walk over to the hospital pharmacy to get it so I gather they rarely give vaccines. The ER/medical system that treated the wound did not carry the DT, and I wasn't comfortable giving the DTaP, so I took him to a clinic out of town, in another system that had DT on hand.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:54 AM   #17
eracheld
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I would report them for not giving you the proper paperwork. As important as I personally believe vaccines are, it is when medical professionals start getting lazy and not following the rules that makes some parents afraid to trust all doctors. It makes me mad!

But I am so glad he is on the upswing

Scentsy team!
eracheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:04 PM   #18
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Not trying to scare you, butbthey can have serious effects a friend of ours who was also a non vaccinator ran into the same issue her son who was 3 at the time endedup getting a tetnus shot in the er after cutting himself and he ended up with regressive autism, lost his speech and ability to interect and is just a mess. I would get in touch with a naturopath and work on detoxing asap.....im sorry that happening momma. I have two vaccine injured children myself.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:38 PM   #19
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by marliah View Post
Not trying to scare you, butbthey can have serious effects a friend of ours who was also a non vaccinator ran into the same issue her son who was 3 at the time endedup getting a tetnus shot in the er after cutting himself and he ended up with regressive autism, lost his speech and ability to interect and is just a mess. I would get in touch with a naturopath and work on detoxing asap.....im sorry that happening momma. I have two vaccine injured children myself.
Yea, I'd define that as scaring her. Perhaps I should post something about someone dying from tetanus.

I'm glad to hear he's feeling better. Try not to worry.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys

Last edited by chandni3; 02-10-2014 at 06:39 PM.
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:16 PM   #20
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

High fever is a known reaction to DTaP or DT. The CDC and VAERS list it. My LO ran a 104 fever for four days after the first and second doses. We stopped the series thereafter.
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote