Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2014, 03:54 PM   #11
mekat
Registered Users

Re: You just had your first baby. You have all of the answers. Enjoy it while it la

Most of the time I kind of roll my eyes in my head at newbie parents but every once in awhile they surprise me by coming up with something creative to solve a problem. I try not to fully blow anyone off until I hear them out just in case they are the one with unique mind that can come up with something creative and brilliant.

Advertisement

mekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:40 PM   #12
Corgi
Registered Users

Re: You just had your first baby. You have all of the answers. Enjoy it while it la

I am a new mom of one and I'm the first to admit.... 99% of the time I haven't a dang clue what I'm doing. Mostly, I try to get through each day without completely screwing this kid up. So far, so good. I credit pure luck and the fact I somehow ended up with what I KNOW is a relatively easy to please little one.
someone new Nov 2015.
Corgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:23 PM   #13
Hum Bums
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Yes!
The worst for me *right now* is other women who are pregnant for the first time and try to tell me how I'm dealing with my pregnancy or other two children is wrong. Said pregnant women also already know exactly how everything will go when baby is born, & there will be NO other way than that way! Come hell or high water!
Hum Bums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:29 PM   #14
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

I have a coworker who has an 8 month old daughter and tries to give me parenting advice to deal with my kids who are 13, 9, and 6. Then she doesn't understand why she can make it to work with an hour's notice and I can't. Not only does she only have one kid but she's got a husband. I have three kids.....and no husband. Same thing right????
Old 02-10-2014, 05:42 PM   #15
karikos
Registered Users
seller

I don't understand first time parents like this because I, as a first time parent, have a five month old and still feel as if I know absolutely nothing. :/

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 02-10-2014, 05:45 PM   #16
Hum Bums
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by karikos
I don't understand first time parents like this because I, as a first time parent, have a five month old and still feel as if I know absolutely nothing. :/ Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
It's not all parents that act like that. I didn't feel like I knew it all with #1. I had a friend who had a baby 3 months after me and always gave me unsolicited advice.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:24 PM   #17
miriamleigh
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by karikos View Post
I don't understand first time parents like this because I, as a first time parent, have a five month old and still feel as if I know absolutely nothing. :/

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Yes! I always felt like everyone else had it together except for me! Now I realize that no one has a clue;-)
miriamleigh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:20 PM   #18
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle View Post
After having two totally different kids in every possible way, I don't assume anything. I do think that most people are trying to be helpful though. I think they are anyway. I'm not the type of person to invite advice unless I actually go out of my way to ask for it.
Agreed. I think people are trying to be helpful.

Besides, I have a friend with 9 kids and I'm pretty sure she would agree that even she hasn't tried every possible solution. So I think all input can be useful.

Unless, of course, the ftm is acting arrogant while making said suggestion.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:01 AM   #19
Hum Bums
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Agreed. I think people are trying to be helpful.

Besides, I have a friend with 9 kids and I'm pretty sure she would agree that even she hasn't tried every possible solution. So I think all input can be useful.

Unless, of course, the ftm is acting arrogant while making said suggestion.
I think that is the part that OP is talking about. Friendly suggestions are always welcome! Its when a ftm acts like a tool and thinks that if her suggestion didn't/doesn't work, then obviously we're not doing it right or are dumb.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:18 AM   #20
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

The last time I had any parenting answers was when I was pregnant with Kid#1. All my brains squeezed out with her and I couldn't figure out anything with her, let alone offer anyone else any advice. Especially unsolicited. LOL
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote