Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2014, 11:10 PM   #11
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sleepover worries

yeah, Miranda is 9, still wears overnights, (we're currently considering other options to get her to stop wetting, since just cutting off liquids hasn't worked.) and she's mentioned several times that she'll never be able to do a sleepover because she wets the bed still..

It's just plain sad. I would honestly just skip it. He'll quit wetting sooner or later and there will be plenty more time for sleepovers.

Advertisement

jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:43 PM   #12
~Laura~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'd probably skip it. My 9yo DD still doesn't sleep through the night, she never has. (I know there was a thread awhile back, but I feel the need to reiterate that she really doesn't ever have a night where she sleeps without fully waking multiple times.) She doesn't do sleepovers because it's not something I want another parent to deal with on top of hosting a sleepover party. I also am weary about predators so I'd probably avoid it anyway. We always just say we have something going on so we can't make it.

Read about our homeschool journey here.
~Laura~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:52 PM   #13
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by isabelsmummy
I know there are lots of 'no sleepovers ever' families here, but if he wants to go, and you have no problem with it in theory I don't see why a pull up should be the reason not to go. I would probably explain to him that other kids might think it's weird so he might want to keep it private and then offer the sleeping bag solution above. Although I'm not sure 7yr old boys would care/notice?
I agree. If he wants to go, I wouldn't let a Pull-Up get in the way. I worked at a summer camp for many years and at age 7, wetting the bed was still pretty common. We just rounded up the sleeping bags to be washed if needed and went on with our day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmsMom
So I spoke with DS about it and he actually said "N probably wouldn't want me to sleepover because of my pull up". So he apparently told his friend about his pull ups and his friend doesn't care lol. I'm still on the fence. DH set the alarm clock and woke DS up to pee in the middle of the night and dry bed this morning! So maybe we're on to something.
I think that it is great that he felt comfortable enough to share with his friend. That's an attitude to build on!
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 02:05 PM   #14
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would talk to kiddo and ask kiddo if he wants to spend the night or if he'd rather you come get him at bedtime.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:40 AM   #15
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

If this were me, I wouldn't do the sleepover, mostly because you don't know the mother well. We don't deal with ADHD or bedwetting here but there is no way any of them would spend the night with someone we don't know well. I hope you can figure out something.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:38 PM   #16
Suzi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Fwiw dsd wet the bed nightly until 8, by 9 she is now nearly through it. But she never wet at a sleep over. I don't think she slept as soundly. She started sleepovers at 6