Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-12-2014, 03:10 PM   #11
ArronDalesMama
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojomisa
Questions for anyone that uses the box - What have you put in the dipper containers? My crew likes pasta for lunch occasionally could I use the containers for that? Do you use the lid when putting the container in the box? I was reading the FAQ and it made it seem like you don't. Thanks!
For dippers you use the lid. The lid has this silicone (not sure of the exact material) stuff that makes it not leak when the box lid is down.

I use the small dipper for dressings, apple sauce, yogurt.

I use the big one for larger amounts of yogurt, pasta, fruit salad.

Advertisement

Due with #2 2/14/16
ArronDalesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:17 PM   #12
superbeans
Registered Users
seller

Re: PlanetBox on sale

One of my kids of course lost that silicone piece the first day they used the lunch boxes. I have found that they still don't leak (thankfully!) unless its something super liquidy probably like applesauce.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:43 PM   #13
sojomisa
Registered Users
seller

Great! Thanks so much.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 06:00 PM   #14
kanga1622
Registered Users

Yes, use the lids on the dippers. The small one is usually for BBQ sauce, dressing, or salsa. The large one is great for applesauce or yogurt. We also use an inch bug label to keep the large dipper closed and put a snack in it. Cheese and crackers fit great. It will fit in the pocket on the front of the bag that way.

We have always sent the boys to daycare with all their meals and snacks. DS1 has been using his planet box since about 18 months.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum
Old 02-12-2014, 07:20 PM   #15
sojomisa
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanga1622 View Post
Yes, use the lids on the dippers. The small one is usually for BBQ sauce, dressing, or salsa. The large one is great for applesauce or yogurt. We also use an inch bug label to keep the large dipper closed and put a snack in it. Cheese and crackers fit great. It will fit in the pocket on the front of the bag that way.

We have always sent the boys to daycare with all their meals and snacks. DS1 has been using his planet box since about 18 months.

Thank you! Do you mean the Orbit label from inch worm? That's a good idea.

Does anyone have the launch? I'm now wondering if I should've gotten that one for my almost 11 year old.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:22 PM   #16
Huxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm so tempted. It almost makes shipping free. I only have a toddler though and it doesn't look like it holds much food (she eats a lot).
Old 02-13-2014, 11:22 AM   #17
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:

FYI, my local PBK has a few complete Rovers on sale for $48. It's like money just fell out of the sky for me.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:55 AM   #18
kanga1622
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huxley
I'm so tempted. It almost makes shipping free. I only have a toddler though and it doesn't look like it holds much food (she eats a lot).
They hold more than you think. My almost 4 year old easily out eats me and he takes it for lunch every day. We also still pack him a morning and afternoon snack as he just needs to eat all day or his behavior takes a nose dive.

Old 02-13-2014, 12:22 PM   #19
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Good to know!
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote