Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-13-2014, 10:36 AM   #1
Viking15
Registered Users

Blueberry covers too small

So apparently my DD is too chunky for CDs. She's 30 lbs and 31.5 inches at 15 months. We have a stash of Grovia AI2s that she outgrew in December. We used sposies while I tried to figure out what to do. I ordered 5 Blueberry covers and flats and it's a total fail. The covers fit on the last snap and leave her with red marks. The flats are horrid. Help.

Advertisement

Viking15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:38 AM   #2
hlucas777
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Blueberry covers too small

How were you using the flats? Just trifolded? You may try using a snappi. I can still get a flat on my 34 lb toddler and flip covers. She doesn't do diapers anymore though she is just in a pullup at night. I have heard that happy heiny accommodate bigger babies though so you may try that if you can't figure anything out with what you have.
hlucas777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:50 AM   #3
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

I never found the flats love, but don't give up hope on the covers. This is the age where most kids are starting to get more mobile & thin out. When it happened w/ DD1, we were on the edge of outgrwing a bunch of OS dipes & covers. Then she shot up & things fit comfortably for nother year until PTing, especially covers. She was 95+% for height & weight from 6 mos on & Thirsties Duo Wrap 2 & BB Coveralls, along w/ Imagine OS covers & Flips lasted until PTing.

ETA- and they do relax a bit after a few wears, I think...especially the elastic. And if she's too big for them now, they may fit in a couple mos when shevslims a bit.

Last edited by carriek38; 02-13-2014 at 11:16 AM.
carriek38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:55 AM   #4
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38
I never found the flats love, but don't give up hope on the covers. This is the age where most kids are starting to get more mobile & thin out. When it happened w/ DD1, we were on the edge of outgrwing a bunch of OS dipes & covers. Then she shot up & things fit comfortably for nother year until PTing, especially covers. She was 95+% for height & weight from 6 mos on & Thirsties Duo Wrap 2 & BB Coveralls, along w/ Imagine OS covers & Flips lasted until PTing.

ETA- and they do relax a bit after a few wears, I think...especially the elastic.
This. Is she walking? My beast boy thinned out a lot after he began to walk at 11 months. He is still wearing the same diapers at 28 months that he was wearing at 9 months and I thought for sure he was growing out of.

Nanas Bottoms makes a great AIO and the large is like the granny panties of CD's. Her covers are likely the same sizing, you can email to ask her. She's one of the nicest WAHM's around.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:34 PM   #5
Viking15
Registered Users

She's been walking for 3 months and gained 3 lbs

Last edited by Viking15; 02-13-2014 at 12:36 PM.
Viking15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:46 PM   #6
mamacita1222
Registered Users

DS was 29 lbs at 15 mo. He was about to outgrow the blueberry coveralls then he had a growth spurt. He grew two inches but lost 2 lbs in less than two months. Meanwhile I had bought a few bummis super whisper wraps and bummis pull ons in size large. (Supposed to be good for 30-40 lbs though the pull ons are not quite as generous)
mamacita1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:46 PM   #7
babyike2011
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have happy Heiny aplix pockets that fit my 30lb dd very comfortably. They are a bit bigger than other pockets we have had in the past and by far my favorite. Kicking myself for selling all but 3
Old 02-13-2014, 04:27 PM   #8
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Right around that three month mark my son had a couple growth spurts where he went up instead of out. I still think you may be okay without doing a stash change. I'd give it another couple months. The elastic will relax a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:38 AM   #9
BummisMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Bummis prefolds under Super Whisper Wrap covers in size large! I can still do them up on my 40lb 4.5 year old easily (not that he's in diapers anymore)
BummisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:26 PM   #10
MomBecks
Registered Users

Thirsties size large are ginormous! Bummis larges would probably work well too. If you don't like the flats you may like trifolded prefolds better or a prefitted like GMD workhorses. FuzziBunz larges would probably fit as well.