Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2014, 05:42 PM   #21
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does your kids doctor...

I sign for the shots. I don't get a written record, though they will print one any time you ask.

Advertisement

My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:02 PM   #22
Teddyandnick
Registered Users
seller
seller

We don't sign before shots, but I do keep my own record. I keep the little book that they give you when they are born in the hospital and have them fill it out every time they do something new. Just as a way to double check everything. When they went from paper files to everything computerized one of ds's shots was accidentally put in incorrectly and I caught it quickly and they were able to pull his paper file and fix it.
Teddyandnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 07:42 PM   #23
karikos
Registered Users
seller

We get a vacc card filled out each time and an info sheet. We don't sign.

The vacc record is all entered into the MICCR which is our states online database for vaccines.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 02-14-2014, 09:48 PM   #24
Belle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Tricare (gov't) clinic has us sign a form, which isn't just a consent, but also a little checklist of questions about things like egg allergies, steroid use, recent colds, etc. Then we get the info sheet on the vax, and they stamp & sign my shot booklets, and would give me a printout I'd I wanted. I come home with more papers than I know what to do with!

Last edited by Belle; 02-14-2014 at 09:49 PM. Reason: funny that tricare autocorrects to private!
Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:19 PM   #25
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatoclaire
No signatures but we get an info sheet about the shots and side effects, and we have a shot record card for both girls that we keep and gets filled out each time (I think it's from the state?). Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Yup us too.

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 09:25 AM   #26
Kimmyann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I've never signed anything and the only form I have gotten at the end of visits was the generic handout telling about the shot and the signs and symptom ect. When my son started Kindergarten last year I was able to go into the doctors office and pick up a copy of his shot record. I know though he had two things missing from there. He got one of those special flu shots H1n1 a few years ago that could only be found at special sites. And they also didn't have a record of a newborn shot he had gotten even thought I had turned over his hospital records to his pediatric office.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:34 PM   #27
babyike2011
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I don't sign but we do get a printout at the end of the visit. In michigan, all the shots are in the states system and can be accessed by schools and other docs
Old 02-16-2014, 09:37 PM   #28
z2akids
Registered Users
seller

We have a form in their paper chart that we initial for each administered vaccine. I can access the records online and have never felt the need for a paper print out
Old 02-16-2014, 11:21 PM   #29
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't sign, but they fill out the shot cards for each visit. I also get the info sheets at each visit. We follow the CDC schedule, so I know what we get at each visit. I needed a record for preschool this year and they just quickly printed one out. Our doctor is a family practice doctor. She delivered my first, so she has done all of her shots. She came to the hospital to see our second child within 12 hours of birth, so she has done all but one for him. Makes things very easy for me.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:06 AM   #30
BiskMama
Registered Users
seller

I new some mixup was likely because dd's doctors is like a zoom most of the time. That's why I kept my own records, but her doc is insisting were mistaken and we need to do the whole shot series over again. That's not happening. I vividly remember the three days after her last visit where she screamed and cried and had a low-grade fever from the shots. Thank goodness knock on wood she's only been sick once, but this is just made it very clear we need to find a new doctor. It's so aggravating that Maryland State insurance picks the very bottom of the barrel doctors to put on their payroll. It seems like from when I left when I was pregnant she was the best out of worst I guess I shouldn't say they're all horrible, but the ones that were closest and fit our criteria were not very good. May be a longshot, but does anyone in the MD VA or DC area know of a pediatrician that takes Maryland state insurance that you would recommend?
BiskMama is offline   Reply With Quote