Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2014, 04:07 PM   #1
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Does anyone else just get sick of it???

I'm so tired. I'm tired of cooking. I'm tired of cleaning. I'm tired of laundry. I'm tired of picking up and reminding my kids constantly to finish their tasks. I'm tired of my husband stepping over things and ignoring my pleas for help.

I'm tired of organizing one area of my house and in that time have another area become a war zone. I'm tired of zero respect of all the work it takes to clean a house and work 30+ hours and run the household.

I'm tired enough to seriously consider doing NOTHING for the rest of the weekend...but I know...deep down...that doing that would only hurt ME. My family could care less if we live in a hovel or if they wear clean clothes.

I feel like I'm treading water...and barely keeping my head above water.

Advertisement

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 04:10 PM   #2
revolekim
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes, yes , and yes. You are definitely not alone.

Liz , wife to Mike and semi-crunchy mama to 4 little ones: Gehrig the Jedi Knight (04/08), Logan a.k.a. "Pigpen" (06/10), princess pumpkin Katie Rose (10/12), and chipmunk Lexi (06/14)
::::::
revolekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 04:30 PM   #3
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Right there with you, mama! I have moved heaven and earth this week to make something important happen at work, which involved waking up at 3 am, late nights and essentially an extra 1.5 days of work (salary, so... Same pay).
We got snowed in one day... And DH got drunk with a neighbor
I made sure that DH and DD had Valentines... Didnt even get a Vday text.
And I am still getting texted about "why isnt DD spending the night at the babysitters"
Wife swap anyone?
Old 02-15-2014, 04:43 PM   #4
crunchycrossfitmamaof2++
Registered Users
Formerly: smalltownmama
seller
seller

My Mood:
there with you all!! it drives me insane. I was just thinking how fed up I am of it all. even after an exhausting week, I planned a hugely special evening for dh and I. both of our girls stayed the night at their Mee maws, first time ever overnight and it was our first date night together since dd2 was born a year ago. I made bacon wrapped lil smokies, homemade BBQ dipping sauce, jello parfaits, homemade fudge, and cinnamon pumpkin crepes with Greek yogurt and fresh berries. we had a blast. I had the house scrubbed clean too. then today, we get the girls and he goes back to mopey, kid tantrum throwing, pouting...ugh. so too much. I didn't get anything for Vday :'( I'm not doing anything for him for our wedding anniversary march 20. I asked him to do supper tonight because dd2 is passed out on me, he huffs and tries to come up with reasons he can't. finally convinced him to do it; simple scrambled eggs, browned ground beef, salsa and cheese and he acts like it's so difficult. I'll be stuck with cleanup after, too. I love him but man.

he makes it hard.

Mama to 2 amazing daughters: BLW 9/28/2010 JMW 2/07/2013 Wife 3/20/2010
crunchycrossfitmamaof2++ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:06 PM   #5
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We did taxes last night. Romantic.

Today I'm scrambling to get everything printed and organized and make sure we have our ducks in a row...he's playing football on his ps3. He about passed out when I asked him to make lunch.

I love my husband...and I love my kids...but I'm struggling to find joy in any of this. I feel used and taken advantage of. I feel like a maid and a cook and a referrer and a play thing.

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:19 PM   #6
crunchycrossfitmamaof2++
Registered Users
Formerly: smalltownmama
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly dolly
We did taxes last night. Romantic.

Today I'm scrambling to get everything printed and organized and make sure we have our ducks in a row...he's playing football on his ps3. He about passed out when I asked him to make lunch.

I love my husband...and I love my kids...but I'm struggling to find joy in any of this. I feel used and taken advantage of. I feel like a maid and a cook and a referrer and a play thing.
>hugs< it sounds like you're doing a great job! I'm sorry it goes unappreciated

Mama to 2 amazing daughters: BLW 9/28/2010 JMW 2/07/2013 Wife 3/20/2010
crunchycrossfitmamaof2++ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:15 PM   #7
Suzi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yes! My husband has to list every little thing he does to help around the house but if I brag about doing 5 loads of laundry after work he's totally annoyed

Drives me nuts when he says "we should keep our house cleaner". Yeah, WE should
Old 02-15-2014, 06:28 PM   #8
squirrelgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does anyone else just get sick of it???

Yup, right there with you all the way! They don't understand how much work it takes. When dh isn't at work his butt is glued to the couch!

Because the sinless Savior died, my sinful soul is counted free!
squirrelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:56 PM   #9
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

BTDT mama! I hope it gets better for you. Getting to a place where DH more actively shows appreciation and at least does what I ask even if he's not proactive helped a lot.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:03 PM   #10
Superblonde Mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does anyone else just get sick of it???

Yes. I feel just as you've described, very intensely for about 2 days out of the month. Then, I have my period, and things are much better. : )