Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2014, 02:25 PM   #11
uscgwifey11
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaryisinked
from a fellow Coast Guard wife I did a double take because my username for so many things is uscgwifey09 so for a minute I thought I wrote this thread and thought that was weird. Until I saw the 11, ha! We've always used disposables on flights even if we packed cloth for the trip.
hello! :-)

Advertisement

uscgwifey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:29 PM   #12
uscgwifey11
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcurrie
I've mostly travelled on planes with disposables. They cut down on the bulk of carry-ons and you don't have to change as frequently (you should but you don't HAVE to in case of turbulence, meals being served, or any other obstacle to the bathroom). We switch to cloth as soon as we arrive though. Also, we only flew a few times before DS was on solids and then we did take cloth. He had frequent blow outs in disposables (we didn't start cloth until 4 months old) and I didn't want to risk a blow on a plane or during travel in general. It is a pain to change on airline change tables. They are hard, small and awkward. Bring along an extra special change table toy just incase for distraction, our cell phone worked great lol Whichever you choose bring 1/3 to double what you would generally use. Delays are a PITA and you don't want to be stuck somewhere without a change.

i didn't know they have changing tables in the bathrooms! Good to know. I'm sure it's itty bitty.
uscgwifey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:39 PM   #13
Jcurrie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgwifey11
i didn't know they have changing tables in the bathrooms! Good to know. I'm sure it's itty bitty.
In the planes I have been on they have. Most often in the back ones, folded up behind the toilet. They are tiny
Jcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:11 PM   #14
Mack
Registered Users
seller

Re: Flying and cloth diapers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meljc View Post
Done several intl flight with cloth. No big deal. Put the kid in an extra absorbent diaper (like night diaper) and only change on the plane if there's poop. If you're gate checking a stroller, put it in a bag for protection and toss your clean diapers in there (in wet bag). Easy!
If you want your diapers back, I wouldn't reccomend putting them in a stroller bag. They always rip mine...contents would be falling out.
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:20 PM   #15
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack View Post
If you want your diapers back, I wouldn't reccomend putting them in a stroller bag. They always rip mine...contents would be falling out.
We have a heavy duty cordura bag, not the cheapie red one ;-)

Great customer service from:

meljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:59 PM   #16
kaywoo
Registered Users
seller

I did disposables. There's just too many things to worry about
kaywoo is offline   Reply With Quote