Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-17-2014, 02:12 PM   #21
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'd buy a Skoon or MeLuna they seem to work for most people.

Advertisement

Old 02-17-2014, 03:12 PM   #22
Ber10512
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommypockets
The rim on those things are HUGE!!!!!! I think it's like 3" in diameter or something?
They are big, but they fit me with no issue. They're really pliable. DH and I can even DTD with it in!
Old 02-17-2014, 05:03 PM   #23
mommypockets
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ber10512
They are big, but they fit me with no issue. They're really pliable. DH and I can even DTD with it in!
I couldn't even get it to go in behind my pubic bone. It was in 2001, though, so maybe the rim is a softer design? It was so hard and not soft at all. And HUGE
mommypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:16 PM   #24
greenpea
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: ummm, how to decide which menstral cup?

I am happy with my diva cup...best price is at iherb.com. check it out
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Masset
greenpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:20 PM   #25
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezy6703 View Post
Interesting mommypockets!! I choose the US moon cup mainly because it was a good price and I got free shipping through Abbey's Lane.

To pp, it hurt like CRAZY too in the beginning. I was almost in tears and thought there's NO way this is normal. I read a bunch of FAQ and saw that many cut the stem down. So I tried. At first it was better but still uncomfortable (no where as near as bad like when I first put it in). I then trimmed the stem down to pretty much nothing and it has been perfect. I'm not sure what cups would be similar in length with the moon stem trimmed all the way off but i'm curious though. An extra cup on the days I'm at work would be very convenient.
The stems were already cut off which had me pretty desperate with the Diva size 2. I couldn't grasp it and pull it back out. The size 1 didn't hurt quite as bad and was easier to pull out but holding capacity was a joke for me. I would have needed to empty it every 2 hours. Some days even more often.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:35 PM   #26
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie View Post
Oh and what about Meluna? Has anyone tried that? Thoughts?

Amanda (caution- my autocorrect hates me)
I have fleur and Meluna. Fleur does ship to the US without issue, I just ordered from their site. Meluna I ordered from a facebook page some one linked me to (it's like a co-op thing). Meluna has way more options of size and type like stiffer material and larger. I have the highest capacity Meluna in the softest material and am very fond of it. By comparison I don't find Meluna or Fleurcup preferable one over the other. I thought from all of the raving that Meluna would be way more comfortable but it really wasn't. It is supposed to have a slightly higher capacity but I haven't noticed a significant difference (I get between 2-4 hours from both). I do like the stem style better on the Meluna and the number of choices but choices can be overwhelming. I think it is honestly a toss up over which is the better cup. I will say that the Fleurcup is just slightly shorter than the Meluna so if that is a big deal to you go with the Fleurcup.

PP the diva has a very hard lip at the rim that may be causing your discomfort. Other cups have less of this or none at all. With the size 2 diva being larger obviously that rim sticks out even more. I know that the length really got to me with the diva but that lip also made me dreadfully uncomfortable. I noticed an immediate difference when I switched to a cup that was made from a more flexible material with no lip.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:39 PM   #27
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris0110 View Post
I have fleur and Meluna. Fleur does ship to the US without issue, I just ordered from their site. Meluna I ordered from a facebook page some one linked me to (it's like a co-op thing). Meluna has way more options of size and type like stiffer material and larger. I have the highest capacity Meluna in the softest material and am very fond of it. By comparison I don't find Meluna or Fleurcup preferable one over the other. I thought from all of the raving that Meluna would be way more comfortable but it really wasn't. It is supposed to have a slightly higher capacity but I haven't noticed a significant difference (I get between 2-4 hours from both). I do like the stem style better on the Meluna and the number of choices but choices can be overwhelming. I think it is honestly a toss up over which is the better cup. I will say that the Fleurcup is just slightly shorter than the Meluna so if that is a big deal to you go with the Fleurcup.

PP the diva has a very hard lip at the rim that may be causing your discomfort. Other cups have less of this or none at all. With the size 2 diva being larger obviously that rim sticks out even more. I know that the length really got to me with the diva but that lip also made me dreadfully uncomfortable. I noticed an immediate difference when I switched to a cup that was made from a more flexible material with no lip.
I plan on trying different ones but at $35-$40 it is going be awhile.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:09 PM   #28
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
So I'm I Going to be up happy with the Lunette?

If I like it I'd like to add a Meluna and Fleurcup later.

Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:41 PM   #29
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

It is really hard to say. Different cups fit different people and what one person loves another person hates. I have never tried a Lunette personally so can't say anything about it one way or another. I can only say what is important to me in a cup. I can tell you that the things I don't like about Diva (and while I am not in love with Diva I don't hate it, it is still far more comfortable for me than tampons which I find super painful) other people prefer. Some people need a stem or rigid rim. The Meluna comes in so many different styles because people do have so many different preferences. I would suggest that if you don't love the Lunette give something else a try before giving up. A properly fitting cup makes all the difference.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:43 AM   #30
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:

I can happily say it didn't hurt me. However the size 1 capacity just wasn't enough for me. I have not tried the size 2 because I was afraid of it hurting like the Diva size 2 did. I should try it though.