Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2014, 03:50 PM   #1
Ark2003
Registered Users

Reusable Nursing pads that dont leak

I've tried Lana wool and fuzzi bunz without success. I'm about to buy more lansinoh disposables because I'm running low. I'm not excited about spending more money on reusables in an effort to save money on disposables, but....I hate the waste!! Any suggestions?

Amanda (mom to 5 sweet girls and 1 tough baby boy)

Advertisement

Ark2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:09 PM   #2
AtLeast
Registered
Formerly: rli***t
seller
seller

Re: Reusable Nursing pads that dont leak

I bought some famicheer ones through a co-op that I really like. I wouldn't get bamboobies, except their nighttime ones, but they aren't discreet.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD
Old 02-19-2014, 04:29 PM   #3
ericadawn123
Registered Users
seller

I didnt have luck with washable pads. With my first I always used throwaways. With my 2nd I tried reusable pads for a week and got mastitus even though I didnt leak much and I changed them daily or when they were wet. I switched back to disposables after that and didnt have any problems. Just my experience. Good luck.
ericadawn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:16 AM   #4
ninny7
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark2003 View Post
I've tried Lana wool and fuzzi bunz without success. I'm about to buy more lansinoh disposables because I'm running low. I'm not excited about spending more money on reusables in an effort to save money on disposables, but....I hate the waste!! Any suggestions?

I bought some off of ebay from bububibi? I think. They are 2 layers bamboo backed with PUL. I made some after that - topped with microchamois, 2 layers flannel, backed with PUL. I leak like a sieve the entire time I nurse and for my first 3 babes I bought the thin disposables because you couldn't notice them but I would have leaks from time to time. I also made some wool ones with 2 layers of a suit wool and lanolize them with my covers and they worked good but were more stiff and showed more. Some people say not to use PUL but I never had a problem - if I had used no backer I would have soaked through in seconds or I would have had to use a ton of layers.
If you sew or know someone with a machine or serger draw circles the size of a DVD on your layers and cut out - not on the line but leave a good inch or so. That way you have room to serge - or zig zag with a sewing machine on that line and then trim after. I find it way easier to follow a line than an edge of material.
Hope that helps
ninny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 03:42 PM   #5
earthEmama
Registered Users
Formerly: cs***kky
seller

Last edited by Harmony96; 03-25-2014 at 07:48 AM.
earthEmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:32 PM   #6
Ark2003
Registered Users

Thanks for all the suggestions. I've wondered about the bamboobies. They've got pretty awesome reviews on amazon. I'm petite and small chested, I wonder if that makes a difference in their fit and if they would show more under my shirt?

I leaked straight thru the Lana wool ones of which I paid $20/pair. . I tried with and without lanolizing. Bad. Fortunately, I've been able to use the lanolin soap I bought to use on them (also $20) for our woollies.

The fuzzi bunz are backed with something and I didn't leak thru them, they just didn't absorb fast enough and I leaked out the side. Thankfully, hear weren't very expensive.

I ended up buying more lansinoh disposables. Makes me unhappy to throw away trash and money like that.

Ark2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:11 AM   #7
poppan
Registered Users
seller

The motherease ones are awesome. I had the bamboo. If I wore with a padded bra they didn't show. They are on Amazon or I got mine from 9G health foods (Amazon seller but they have their own website also if what you want is not in stock in Amazon).
Old 02-25-2014, 10:50 AM   #8
b-lizard
Registered Users
seller

I have some overnight bamboobies, which I like, but they are just so bulky. My favorite ones so far have been contoured ones that I found on etsy from PotterbuiltCrafts. They are much more discreet and comfortable. I did not have them the first couple months when I was really engorged though, so I don't know how they would do for heavy leakage.
b-lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:24 PM   #9
beth33
Registered Users
seller

I found that the regular bamboobies just didn't have enough absorbency to be worth it. The overnight ones were a lot more absorbent but were kind of bulky.

I liked NuAngel White Lace Nursing Pads. I would always have extras on hand and would change them throughout the day as they got wet. I found that I did so much laundry that it didn't matter if I went through several pairs a day.
beth33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:59 PM   #10
Vie.en.Rose
Registered Users
Formerly: **le3*
seller
seller

Best ones I've tried are the Motherease bamboo. Sadly they aren't discreet at all, but they're great at home or under a heavy shirt. Bamboobies are also quite good and very discreet.

Like Swagbucks? Give Gifthulk a try!
Vie.en.Rose is offline   Reply With Quote