Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-17-2014, 04:36 PM   #11
MyNameIsMama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Have you ever "just known" something?

All my instincts have always been totally wrong, lol.

Advertisement

MyNameIsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:14 PM   #12
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Many years ago, my sister and I just knew someday we would have little boys six months apart. With our sons she was due 4/10 and I was due 10/10. I didn't try to make this happen when she got pregnant, my son was a happy surprise.
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:08 PM   #13
karikos
Registered Users
seller

Yep, I got pregnant at the beginning/middle of December 2012 and pretty much right around then I kept imagining myself having a little boy named Liam, multiple times a day. I thought about it constantly. My grandma was really sick with cancer at about the same time and I kept wanting to tell her that I was pregnant (before I knew I was) because she wanted me to have a baby soo badly, but I didn't because obviously I didn't think I was. I kept thinking it would be really cool if i was so I could do it as a Christmas present. I'd just had my period though so I figured I wasn't.

Christmas came and I wasn't having any symptoms and I wasn't due for my period yet so I had no reason to really think that I was pregnant, beyond just thinking about it all the time. My grandma fell Christmas morning because her body was shutting down. She died December 28th. I even kept wanting to tell her I was pregnant when she was in the hospital so she would have at least known before she died but I didnt because I didnt want to be wrong. my missed period was the next week and I found out I was pregnant on January 16th. So im convinced subconsciously I knew I was nearly from conception, I just kept shoving it aside and doubting myself.

But, I knew I was having a boy from the moment I took the test because of that. I was so sure of it I kept thinking that because I was so sure I must be wrong. I wasn't, he's a boy and we named him Liam. I had liked that name forever, too, he was just meant to be a Liam.

I also just couldn't picture myself actually giving birth so I kind of knew I'd wind up with a c section. Not because I wanted one, but again I just had a feeling that was going to happen, which it did.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 03-18-2014, 08:30 AM   #14
mommyfrog
Registered Users

I knew there was something wrong with my sixth before she was born. She wasn't acting right and I convinced my doctor to induce before he left for vacation. She was born blue with the cord around her neck two times. He was glad he listened to me so nothing tragic happened. I also new what most of my kids were before the ultrasound to find out, especially the last little girl I was pregnant with. That could have something to do with the more severe morning sickness I get with my girls though.
Jeanie, wife of Paul, mommy of Aurora-20 and married (5/23/94), Oliver-18 (12/27/95), Simon-15 (9/11/98), Savannah-14 (4/9/00), Harrison-11 (2/26/03), Genevieve-9 (2/24/05), and Sebastian-6 (4/24/08), Precious Baby Girl (lost 8/10), Magnus-(4/26/14)
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:00 AM   #15
jaimegrrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

I THOUGHT I "just knew" that my latest little guy was going to come early! I bought all of his diapers and clothes at 4-5 months along, got his room all set up and was pretty much completely prepared by the beginning of my 3rd trimester...

Little guy had other plans. Despite the Braxton hicks and other signs starting 6 weeks earlier, he was born (on his own, no induction) at just under 42 weeks according to his due date (which could have been off by almost a week anyhow, so possibly almost 43 weeks!)! I don't think I'll trust my gut on something like that ever again!
Starting the addiction all over again!! ISO: Grovia WOODLANDS print (shell or AIO), Swaddlebees/Blueberry DINO party and ELEPHANTS prints, Best bottoms HEDGEHOG cover/AIO, OBV wipes, Aden & Anais BOYish burpy bibs and swaddling blankets...
jaimegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:01 AM   #16
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I knew I was pregnant both times from conception.

I knew for sure both boys were girls However, almost immediately after Faolan was born I started thinking about the name Malachy. For example, I stopped thinking "the next baby" and started thinking "when Malachy comes." Yet I thought it was a girl anyway.

I knew Malachy would be my calm, gentle baby. That's true so far, but we'll see.

I knew Malachy would be early and born in January, not in February. My mom and my doctor both thought he'd be a 35 or 36 weeker, just the feeling we all had, but he made it to 38.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:50 PM   #17
monkey29
Registered Users
seller

I knew DS was a boy from the start. I really wanted a girl, but I knew he was a boy.

I thought he might come early because I had braxton hicks from like 16 weeks, but, no, he was 39+5.

This time, I am thinking boy again, but DH is convinced its a girl...
monkey29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:11 PM   #18
mamaerica
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I KNEW my 1st was a girl! (he was a boy)
I KNEW my 2nd was a boy! (she was a girl)
I KNEW my 3rd was a girl! (he was a boy)
I KNEW my 4th was a boy! (I WAS RIGHT!!)

I'm 1/4 out of correct gender guesses. I'd say my intuition isn't very strong!

mamaerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:50 PM   #19
AbbieJack
Registered Users
seller
seller

I knew dd was a girl

I knew ds was a boy. Now we were told he was a girl so we prepared for a girl. I kept telling my mom that I thought the doctor was wrong a d that the baby was a boy and it turned out I was right.

This baby I feel is girl and I guess we will find out anytime now.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:45 AM   #20
Blindbatbeth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I knew with both my DD's that they were girls lol and I'm about to find out gender of this one which I know is a girl too . I'm still excited though . The only thing I was wrong was I swore I was having twins this time around and I was wrong.