Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-20-2014, 06:25 AM   #1
Thatonegal
Registered Users
seller

Advice onHip/Buttocks pain please

I have been having what I believe is pelvic girdle pain for a little over a week now. It started at the sacroilliac join on the right back side of my pelvis and pain in the right side of my pelvic bone in the front, but now the pelvic pain in the back has transitioned to the other side and my entire butt cheek is aching almost constantly. I actually called in sick from work today hoping that resting will alleviate some of the pain.

Does anyone have any advice on how to alleviate the pain? I can't get it to stretch out, and the warm shower and bath did nothing at all to help. Should I try icing it or is it just something I will have to put up with because it is joint pain?

Advertisement

Thatonegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:39 AM   #2
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Re: Advice onHip/Buttocks pain please

You need to call your Dr and get a support belt! I actually just had a thread about this about a month ago and the belt has helped SO MUCH.

I'm pregnant with my 4th and I had PGP last pregnancy pretty bad but I thought it was sciatica because it went all the way down my leg. It was pretty bad with #3 but I could still sleep and get some relief. This time it started earlier and the pain was especially concentrated to by butt. I couldn't hardly walk (like I literally was having trouble lifting my leg) I couldn't bend, I couldn't sleep, NOTHING I did was helping. I called and spoke with a nurse and the dr called in an order for a support belt. I honestly didn't have high hopes but it has helped relieve 99% of the pain. I don't wear it all day or even at all some days but if I know I am going to be sitting for a long time or standing for a long time, or if I am doing lots of housework I put it on because all of those things exacerbate the pain. I am just rambling I'm sure but seriously call the Dr and have them get you a support belt! Mine was covered by insurance (BCBS is what we have) and has really helped. I'm only 24 weeks and the pain started at I'm thinking it was ~18 weeks. I could not have made it through 22 weeks of that pain.
Good luck!

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:41 AM   #3
Thatonegal
Registered Users
seller

What kind of support belt was it? Something stretchy or something that looked like a back brace/ weight training belt? Guess I better google support belts.

Last edited by Thatonegal; 03-20-2014 at 06:49 AM.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:50 AM   #4
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

its a maternity support belt. Mine was from the medical supply shop at the hospital so I'm not sure the brand but this one I found on amazon is very similar. It is a medium support and has the back support which is important.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

Old 03-20-2014, 07:30 AM   #5
Thatonegal
Registered Users
seller

Thank you for the advice and the link.
Wow that sucker looks intense. I assume I could wear it relatively hidden under clothing?
Old 03-20-2014, 07:35 AM   #6
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatonegal
Thank you for the advice and the link.
Wow that sucker looks intense. I assume I could wear it relatively hidden under clothing?
It is intense. As long as you pick clothing accordingly its not super noticeable. Like I said I don't wear it all day everyday. My biggest complaint about it is that it makes going to the bathroom annoying and I have to pee 20 times a day. Honestly though the pain was so bad that it's a small price to pay.

Old 03-20-2014, 08:17 AM   #7
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Lay on your back with knees bent have another person put their fist between your knees and you squeeze it With your legs. You might have to do it a couple of times and might hear a pop but when I did that it helped immensely
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:46 AM   #8
Thatonegal
Registered Users
seller

amy did that cause your pain to go away or simply lessen?
Old 03-20-2014, 11:58 AM   #9
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It lessened it a ton. I went from barely walking to doing most of what I could before. It was still there just not as severe. I also went to physical therapy a few times which helped
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:53 PM   #10
leadmare
Registered Users
seller

I had sciatica with my last pregnancy. The sciatic nerve runs along your butt down your leg and I had some pretty awful pain. I saw a physical therapist who dealt with pregnancy related issues before. With everything your body goes through during pregnancy it's not that uncommon and not something you have to suffer through. That would be rough on your body! I went maybe three times? We did exercises while there and I had "homework" too. (More exercises I did at home). It helped a lot.

I also had the Gabriella maternity belt linked earlier and loved it!