Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-23-2014, 09:43 PM   #1
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Constant bleeding after miscarriage

I had my miscarriage on 2/14, hemorrhaged and went to hospital where they pulled out the 'products of conception' that had got stuck in my cervix. They said it was complete, I bled heavily for 2 weeks, then it finally tapered off to spotting. Spotted for a week, thinking I was coming to the end, and then spotting seemed to get heavier, i started to have light bleeding on and off for a few days, called the hospital and also my GP who wanted me to come in for a blood test, and then BAM my period returned (27 days following the miscarriage). So I didn't end up going in for any more tests thinking it was just my period so all good. It was very heavy, and as I said I had no break from bleeding in between. I bled heavily for 4 days, and now I am on CD11 and still bleeding lightly.

What the heck is going on? Any ideas? I think it's unlikely there could still be tissue left, given I got my period... is it just my hormones? Will this ever end? I've been bleeding constantly for almost 6 weeks now! Tired of the constant bloated crampy feeling and I just want my life back. Bad enough that I miscarried, had very low iron levels to begin with and am trying to get things back to normal, but this just won't stop!

Advertisement

Old 03-23-2014, 09:47 PM   #2
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Re: Constant bleeding after miscarriage

I had spotting for a month after my miscarriage. My doctor put me on the birth control pill and it stopped. I took the pill for a month to kinda reset my body. After that I was fine. Cycles a little wonky but no more spotting. Sorry you're going through this.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:04 PM   #3
MamaMuffin
Registered Users
seller

By my understanding, what you're describing isn't uncommon at all. But it can sometimes be a sign of retained tissue from the miscarriage. I'm guessing your doctor already made sure there was no retained tissue. Have you had an ultrasound or pelvic exam to make sure? If there's any odor beyond just normal "blood" smell, that might also be a red flag, so definitely mention any symptoms you're having to your doctor. Otherwise, I'd just assume that your hormones are a little messed up.
MamaMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:05 PM   #4
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would probably go back in and get labs done. Sounds like there might still be something still in there.
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:59 AM   #5
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks all. Finally, on CD17, the spotting has completely stopped. I think it's just hormonal, but I have an appointment this week and will ask for blood tests. I am kinda dreading getting another ultrasound, this week would have been my 20 weeks scan :-( Just don't feel like I need (another) reminder.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:22 AM   #6
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Just wanted to offer mama. I'm so sorry.
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote