Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-24-2014, 11:45 AM   #1
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Don't get me wrong I have given birth to two big, healthy babies and I do not mean to discount that fact at all!

But seriously this is my third time and I'm starting to think I'm just no good at being pregnant I always have very high expectations of myself and how I will feel and all the special things you only get to do while you're pregnant! I always plan to do prenatal yoga and exercise and eat super healthy and get cute maternity clothes...

And I always feel like crap with nausea for at least the first half and unrelenting heartburn throughout with worsening hip pain. No energy and lots of weight gain. And I don't look good in any maternity clothes! I just feel so disappointed in myself sometimes and think maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Advertisement

Last edited by justineybean; 03-24-2014 at 11:50 AM.
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:48 AM   #2
Hum Bums
Senior Moderator
seller

Re: Anyone else suck at being pregnant?

The site had a mini melt down for like 2 minutes and nothing I tried to look at would even show up. The one thing that did, didn't let my post go through.
Hum Bums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:52 AM   #3
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hum Bums
The site had a mini melt down for like 2 minutes and nothing I tried to look at would even show up. The one thing that did, didn't let my post go through.
Thanks... So it wasn't just me! Just got it re-posted, hope it works this time. (Hope your move is going smoothly!)

Last edited by justineybean; 03-24-2014 at 11:55 AM.
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:58 AM   #4
Hum Bums
Senior Moderator
seller

Oh mama...
I am right there with you. I had c-sections with mine, but I still had crappy (but healthy) pregnancies.
I was sick until around 18 weeks this time. I'm still not really "showing" at 29w5d. I went to pay for my house cleaner this morning and she was amazed I was pregnant & I told her I was 30 weeks (pretty much there) & she said "oh wow, you sure don't look like it!"... Thanks...
I have such bad pelvic girdle pain that when I get up from laying or sitting, I have to use the walls and furniture to move around for the first couple of minutes. It's hell when I'm out and about!

RE: My move; DH found out today that he hasn't "cleared" finance for the base, & can't even be counseled for it until Friday & can't get his forms submitted for final clearance till next Monday. I am hoping he can get it figured out today & this isn't going to put us in the hotel for another week.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:13 PM   #5
Lmama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Oh mama...
I am right there with you. I had c-sections with mine, but I still had crappy (but healthy) pregnancies.
I was sick until around 18 weeks this time. I'm still not really "showing" at 29w5d. I went to pay for my house cleaner this morning and she was amazed I was pregnant & I told her I was 30 weeks (pretty much there) & she said "oh wow, you sure don't look like it!"... Thanks...
I have such bad pelvic girdle pain that when I get up from laying or sitting, I have to use the walls and furniture to move around for the first couple of minutes. It's hell when I'm out and about!

RE: My move; DH found out today that he hasn't "cleared" finance for the base, & can't even be counseled for it until Friday & can't get his forms submitted for final clearance till next Monday. I am hoping he can get it figured out today & this isn't going to put us in the hotel for another week.
People often told me that I didn't look pregnant as though it was a huge compliment and it drove me crazy! I never knew how to respond. "uh, thanks? I respectfully disagree?"
Lmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:29 PM   #6
PerfectFifth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ugh, me too! It's my biggest personal hurdle to having another.

I had pre-eclampsia with both my kids, and my worsening condition leading up to the actual diagnosis just made me feel like crap for the entire third trimester. Even while hobbling down the hall the day after the c-section, I felt soooo much better than when pregnant.

And I haven't even touched on the horrible morning sickness and gestational diabetes. I am in awe of those women who just go smiling through pregnancy and pop babies out like it ain't no thing.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:07 PM   #7
IowaGold
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmama View Post

People often told me that I didn't look pregnant as though it was a huge compliment and it drove me crazy! I never knew how to respond. "uh, thanks? I respectfully disagree?"
When I showed up at the hospital in labor with DD2, the receptionist asked if we were there to visit somebody. Um, yeah, its 11pm and DH is carrying a suitcase. Then when we got to the labor room, the nurse was totally looking around for the pregnant lady even though I was right in front of her. At least she didn't *say* anything.
IowaGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:07 PM   #8
Hum Bums
Senior Moderator
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmama
I've been overweight my last two pregnancies but not to the point that a pregnancy wouldn't be noticeable. I do have a belly, so in my mind, I'm like.... So I just look fat?

By belly, I mean prego belly. lol

Last edited by Hum Bums; 03-24-2014 at 03:09 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:21 PM   #9
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmama
Yea that's not a compliment when you feel pregnant in every way.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:24 PM   #10
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Oh mama... I am right there with you. I had c-sections with mine, but I still had crappy (but healthy) pregnancies. I was sick until around 18 weeks this time. I'm still not really "showing" at 29w5d. I went to pay for my house cleaner this morning and she was amazed I was pregnant & I told her I was 30 weeks (pretty much there) & she said "oh wow, you sure don't look like it!"... Thanks... I have such bad pelvic girdle pain that when I get up from laying or sitting, I have to use the walls and furniture to move around for the first couple of minutes. It's hell when I'm out and about! RE: My move; DH found out today that he hasn't "cleared" finance for the base, & can't even be counseled for it until Friday & can't get his forms submitted for final clearance till next Monday. I am hoping he can get it figured out today & this isn't going to put us in the hotel for another week.
I know that's exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about! It takes forever for me to look pregnant to other people too.

... I'm sorry to hear about more complications with your move I really hope you can get out of town ASAP!!!