Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-27-2014, 10:58 PM   #11
KumfyKozies
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Somewhere underneath my yarn and fabric hoard in the US of A
My Mood:
Re: Wil there ever be a thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyful Tie Dyes View Post
Its lovely that some of you dont want answers BUT there are those of us who have been here a LONG time who feel very disrespected with the way we are being treated. Most of us have not been rude but have long supported this site and USED to be treated as if our patronage meant more than just a dollar sign. I'd prefer not to be banned but if this post is considered a bannable offense then I guess I don't really want to be here anyway.
Where's MamaJo when you need her? Mamas running boards for mamas, not a sterile, money-making venture. Lee, Juan, and Cricket are NOT part of this community, nor have they ever been. They're just computer people typing code and keeping servers happy for a living. The changes they have been making over the years have been for THEIR ease of monitoring and in no way for the true betterment of the users paying their bills. My husband does that for a company in the top 10 of the Fortune 500 list. Maybe HE should buy out DS, make the money off of it, and stay home to chat diapers and yarn all day. That could be fun. He tolerates me so nicely, what's a couple thousand more like me?

Advertisement

KumfyKozies™- Etsy Shop
KumfyKozies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:32 PM   #12
squirrelgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyful Tie Dyes View Post
Its lovely that some of you dont want answers BUT there are those of us who have been here a LONG time who feel very disrespected with the way we are being treated. Most of us have not been rude but have long supported this site and USED to be treated as if our patronage meant more than just a dollar sign. I'd prefer not to be banned but if this post is considered a bannable offense then I guess I don't really want to be here anyway.
FTR this is a true statement also. I can see both sides of the coin. I personally didn't see any hostility in what you ladies posted in the "open dialogue" thread. And the responses did have a diluted "press release" feel.

Because the sinless Savior died, my sinful soul is counted free!
squirrelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:12 AM   #13
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumfyKozies View Post
Where's MamaJo when you need her? Mamas running boards for mamas, not a sterile, money-making venture. Lee, Juan, and Cricket are NOT part of this community, nor have they ever been. They're just computer people typing code and keeping servers happy for a living. The changes they have been making over the years have been for THEIR ease of monitoring and in no way for the true betterment of the users paying their bills. My husband does that for a company in the top 10 of the Fortune 500 list. Maybe HE should buy out DS, make the money off of it, and stay home to chat diapers and yarn all day. That could be fun. He tolerates me so nicely, what's a couple thousand more like me?
i miss mamajo
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:47 AM   #14
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myclanof6 View Post
Short answer is probably nowhere.
Edit: I do have a serious question for whomever.
All the talk about removing the edit button for thread integrity and google search (or whatever it's called): When these threads and/or posts get edited and/or go poof, isn't that worse than the occasional edit or deletion of an entire post?
Serious question.

good question. I was wondering this too.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:02 AM   #15
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I missed out on the question and answer thread by Cricket. I did find and read it. Were some posts deleted before it was locked? Because I didn't see any posts that were disrespectful. To the contrary, I found them to be very respectful despite getting no real answers.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:11 AM   #16
Blindbatbeth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I didn't see the drama unfold as I missed that but I did see a few questions that were asked that cricket could of answered and I get that it's the same one. However you can't say let's have an open discussion and then turn around and say sorry this isn't a debate or sorry we can't talk about that. It's really not a discussion when they can't be open about the changes being made currently and also how it is beneficial to our community. I know the edit button is a dead horse but a good question was asked which was how does your (cricket) answer apply to diaperswappers? The answer in my opinion is that it doesn't but the answer that is given is " my copy and paste statement that's from EM is the answer so no debate." What's going to happen to the FSOT and will we have a say as members.? Sorry can't talk about it but we would love input. Again I understand if they don't know what those changes are but they aren't going to tell us anything and definitely not going to care about our opinions that's pretty obvious already with the changes that have been done. As for the integrity if the thread I find it a slap in the face to our community members when you delete, poof , and edit the threads how is that any different then us editing our own threads? It's a bit hypocritical to just do whatever you want after telling us we can't do it because "integrity" of the thread. I am not meaning to be disrespectful to anyone but I'm frustrated that we are basically being treated like kids and our parents are saying " because I said so".
Eta: I also know a lot of people are doing a big YAGE before the sign out or trying to get banned so yes I am aware that some people are indeed acting poorly

Last edited by Blindbatbeth; 03-28-2014 at 06:12 AM.
Blindbatbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:46 AM   #17
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
I missed out on the question and answer thread by Cricket. I did find and read it. Were some posts deleted before it was locked? Because I didn't see any posts that were disrespectful. To the contrary, I found them to be very respectful despite getting no real answers.
Nothing was deleted.
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:25 AM   #18
Blindbatbeth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyful Tie Dyes
Nothing was deleted.
Yes I'm pretty sure some name calling was done more specifically someone I heard used the "c" word which if that's true then it def would if been deleted, with good reason too. Like I said I didn't see the thread itself when it was happening but a few people said something about it elsewhere.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:30 AM   #19
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So, the only ugly or mean thing I can even try and pull from it is "Personally, I think the main reason: It makes my job easier if all of my sites have the same settings. Should be listed.". However, it is true. Companies make policies the same so it is easier to maintain multiple sites. I get that. But honestly I think everyone is still in fight mode on both side of this and anything slightly not nice is people being mean and unfair to TPTB.

I think this has been a great reminder to many that this is not ours, it is a business and their goal is to raise their bottom line, even if it is at the expense of the users in some ways. I certainly wont be posting about personal issues or family things anymore. This has really turned this site into a diapering site for me.

ETA:Blindbatbeth ^^If that is true, yet again they are causing issues with the "integrity" of the thread. I'm not saying the post should have been left up, but a note that hostility was edited out would be good, because the way it read last night when I saw it was fairly clean. It makes me think they are overreacting. If they noted a post was removed, I would be more understanding of them.

Last edited by meeshkasheeba; 03-28-2014 at 07:36 AM. Reason: posting at the same time
meeshkasheeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:38 AM   #20
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindbatbeth View Post
Yes I'm pretty sure some name calling was done more specifically someone I heard used the "c" word which if that's true then it def would if been deleted, with good reason too. Like I said I didn't see the thread itself when it was happening but a few people said something about it elsewhere.
If that was posted I missed it and I was on most of last night.

I specifically read the cricket thread as each post went up and then it was locked so I know it wasn't in there.

From what I was seeing as several threads got more and more out of hand they were locked or disappeared.
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT

Last edited by 4boys1girlforme; 03-28-2014 at 07:42 AM.
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote