Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-29-2014, 08:23 PM   #81
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wil there ever be a thread

We are not the customer, we are the product, the advertisers are the customer, they pay the bills.

Advertisement

Old 03-29-2014, 08:31 PM   #82
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Re: Wil there ever be a thread

Ummm.. I am totally lost at the comments that "they can ban you".

Sure, try but we can always come back. Then you can do it again, and we can come back again... Sorry DS but you kinda suck at 'banning' people. I asked for a ban and even though I got it I was STILL able to get on here
CntryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:20 PM   #83
Mack
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindbatbeth View Post
Yes they are a business and no they don't need our permission but as a customer they should want to retain our business as well as recieve our input. Every business thrives on customers and most want to make them happy or include them in the changes. From the few posts I have read it seems your not seeing the emotional connections that many of us have made over the years and watching so many people be trampled on and hurt after investing their lives volunteering and running the board for free is a tough pill to swallow.
Unless you are paying for the service, then you are not the customer. You are what is being sold. ( kind of the equivalent of the Barbie dolls protesting at Toys R Us that they don't like their new shelf). You can call me the Westboro Baptist Church, but I don't have hate for anybody here, I'm just calling it like I see it.

People that volunteered did just that. They could have stopped at any time. And it looks like many of them did. I will give kudos, however, to someone who is passionate about something and wants to make it better. But I also think that, in a way when you volunteer your time for a for-profit company, you have to realize profits and procedures are still going to outrank the volunteers.
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:11 AM   #84
Blindbatbeth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack
Unless you are paying for the service, then you are not the customer. You are what is being sold. ( kind of the equivalent of the Barbie dolls protesting at Toys R Us that they don't like their new shelf). You can call me the Westboro Baptist Church, but I don't have hate for anybody here, I'm just calling it like I see it. People that volunteered did just that. They could have stopped at any time. And it looks like many of them did. I will give kudos, however, to someone who is passionate about something and wants to make it better. But I also think that, in a way when you volunteer your time for a for-profit company, you have to realize profits and procedures are still going to outrank the volunteers.
Okay so if the site has very little to no traffic advertisers won't pay diaperswappers and people do pay to be a site supporter which is giving the company money. I don't think your wrong persay I just think it's wrong.