Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-31-2014, 02:12 PM   #1
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Feeling good about yourself while pregnant

What sort of things do you do to help feel good about yourself while you're pregnant? I am so tired and I look it! Plus I gain a lot of weight. I want to feel good about the way I look and have more energy. Any ideas?

Advertisement

justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:32 PM   #2
Kcolleran
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Feeling good about yourself while pregnant

For me it is buying cute clothes that fit I don't like spending a lot of money on clothes so normally I go to places like TJ Max, Ross or Burlington. When I am wearing cute and comfortable clothes that don't squish in all the wrong places I feel much better about myself and my new body.
Kcolleran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:51 PM   #3
chamise
Registered Users
seller

Good question! I'm 26 weeks and I feel fat, ugly and tired. Ugh!
chamise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:26 PM   #4
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

Yes, good clothes that fit. Which are super hard to find when you can't bear to spend loads of money on clothes you're only wearing a few months. I had like one nice outfit, and the rest of the time it was jeans or yoga pants and shirts from target.
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:35 PM   #5
mamaberkhie
Registered Users
Formerly: 3L*****B*****s
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I agree with a few good clothing items that fit. DH also likes to buy me pretty underwear I have to admit, it really does help, especially when I'm feeling especially pregnant.

Also getting a nice haircut always helps.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 03-31-2014, 09:01 PM   #6
thelilprincess
Registered Users

I agree about a few clothing items that fit well/look good. I look back at my first pregnancy where I gained a lot of weight and picked ill fitting moomoo like dresses and I'm horrified.

This pregnancy I've tried to make sure I get my haircut/colored a bit more regularly so it looks decent but I still end up tying it up into a ponytail or bun most of the time - but when I actually put a little effort into it, my hair looks good. I try to get a massage in 4-6 weeks. I try to take care of my skin and my sister has been so sweet treating me to mani/pedi during my 2nd trimester. I've only had it done once this 3rd trimester (before my sprinkle party).
thelilprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:19 AM   #7
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Great suggestions, thanks! I've had such a hard time with good winter clothes since I was sort of in between needing maternity and not until now and the winter just won't end!! Hopefully the fresh spring air will help and I can get a few nice warm weather clothes
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:40 AM   #8
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Clothes that fit is so important! I'm shocked how much motherhood maternity clothes have changed maybe its the style, fabric or just me but I'm 145lbs, 5"6 and 21 weeks pregnant and I've gained about 10lbs this pregnancy and I need larges in their tops otherwise they are just too tight and create lumps and bumps! I wore smalls and some mediums with previous pregnancies from there so something has definitely changed, and usually I'm like 150-155 at this point in previous pregnancies so it's just weird. So yeah my advice is wherever you go actually try things on I got several summer maxi dresses from target that are not maternity bit are super flattering on my large tummy and those really make me feel great. Another thing that makes me feel good is exercise, I've made a point to do prenatal yoga and a little mini "workout" with some light weights every morning, ontop of going for walks and running around after the kids and I feel so great about myself, it gives me more energy and more confidence for sure. I still treat myself to yummy treats but for the most part another thing is eating healthy, and eating small meals often so I don't totally pig out. I've been loving fruit smoothies and clif bars as quick things that fill you up and give you energy! Also, once my terrible all day sickness was gone I started having a small cup of hot coffee in the morning and a little bit of homemade iced tea in the afternoon, not a ton of caffeine but just enough for this usually coffee and tea loving mama to get a little pick me up during the day!

Deirdre~ Wife to Joe & Momma to Emily, Lilly, Joseph, Maggie & Daisy who is due in August!
Old 04-02-2014, 09:08 AM   #9
MamaMuffin
Registered Users
seller

+1 to "clothes that fit!" I've also got a doting wife who constantly tells me how beautiful I am, and that helps a lot.

Maybe this makes me a big ho, but I've been wearing a lot of slightly low-cut shirts. Nothing super revealing, but enough to show off just a little. It's helped me a lot, because the extra boobage is pretty much the only thing I like about my pregnant body. So maybe a nice push-up and a V-neck maternity shirt?
MamaMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:15 AM   #10
firemommaof1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep cloths that fit are a must. I've gotten away with cheap maternity clothes the last 3 pregnancies and this time I have bought more expensive clothing that flatters. This was a unexpected pregnancy for us and I'm not letting myself feel ugly, fat and big this time around. I'm treating myself to the nicer clothes, I'm working out and running 5x's a week and that has really helped stay toned and fit. I feel much better about my pregnant body this time around then I have in the past. My hubby is a awesome support too. He is all for me feeling good so he encourages the extra spending !! Plus he tells me how great I look all the time and that is a huge boost of confidence.
I'm also not weighing myself this time around. I'm eating healthy and working out/running all the time so I know I'm doing the best I can and not focusing on the amount gained has really helped my mental this time around.
Kai Grayson Arrived June 3 2014
firemommaof1 is offline   Reply With Quote