Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2014, 08:29 PM   #1
MACgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Is it normal?

I don't know what's causing it, or if maybe I stood/walked too much today, but my tummy skin really hurts. It feels like it's stretching or something? It's really hard to explain. I got this a few days ago as well.

I'm 20 weeks and 2 days. I did alot of walking/standing today.

Advertisement

MACgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:06 PM   #2
Jayeh
Registered Users
seller

Re: Is it normal?

I'm from California too! I think the super dry weather may have something to do with it? Idk if you're already using oil, but palmers cocoa butter oil (I think that's what it's called) is AMAZING and I feel like it helped prevent any stretch marks for me!

You're probably also starting to really grown at that stage, so maybe that May have something to do with it as well I miss my baby belly!
Jayeh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:17 PM   #3
MACgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayeh View Post
I'm from California too! I think the super dry weather may have something to do with it? Idk if you're already using oil, but palmers cocoa butter oil (I think that's what it's called) is AMAZING and I feel like it helped prevent any stretch marks for me!

You're probably also starting to really grown at that stage, so maybe that May have something to do with it as well I miss my baby belly!
Oh I didn't think about the weather! And I've definitely been gaining more in the belly. I've gone up to this point not looking pregnant at all. People always told me I didn't look it, but now everyone is like "Wow now you popped out!"
I can feel the difference too. I've been using a body butter for about a month now. So far, no stretch marks, but I sure do feel like I'm stretching!

The only other way I can explain the feeling, is when you step wrong and the arch of your foot feels like it was struck by lightening. Except I get that feeling on various parts of my belly skin.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:21 PM   #4
Jayeh
Registered Users
seller

Some people feel the baby kicking as early on as 20 weeks from what I remember. That could be what you're feeling as well. How exciting!!
Old 04-01-2014, 09:24 PM   #5
Jayeh
Registered Users
seller

Oh, and since we're having such dry weather (in SoCal), I would recommend twice a day. I started oiling once a day up until I hit about 6 months, then I did twice a day to calm my itchy stretching tummy!
Old 04-01-2014, 10:02 PM   #6
MACgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayeh View Post
Oh, and since we're having such dry weather (in SoCal), I would recommend twice a day. I started oiling once a day up until I hit about 6 months, then I did twice a day to calm my itchy stretching tummy!
Thanks! I'll start doing it twice a day!
And oh yes I started feeling kicking a few weeks ago, very very lightly.
Today I noticed that I can see the kicking through my belly but I didn't think it would make my skin hurt. LOL.