Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-04-2014, 01:43 PM   #1
Frogmama
I sell Great Baby Carriers!:)
Formerly: tlfoster15
sitesupporter
seller

Safest bottle for supplimenting with?

So I am breastfeeding our adopted baby and even with me taking supliments I am not producing enough so I suppliment with donor milk about 6-8ox daily. We started with the lactaid and now do bottles for that extra amount. Long story short I was using the slow flow playtex drop in bottles, but then read about how even though bps free there are other bad chemicals in plastic... so in a moment of weakness I went out and bought all glass bottles, but it seems like the nipple has a faster flow and am concerned about her getting the milk too easy and getting frustrated nursing. She is 5m old. I know in the scheme of life this is a pretty small deal, and I may just switch back to the playtex ones, but are there any others that are good that you would reccommend? The glass ones are much more of a pain lol Also wondering since she is 5 months if with another brand will I need to get a different nipple as she gets bigger or if the slow flow playtex or similar will be ok. She is the 6th baby I have breastfed but the first I have used a bottle with on a regular basis. Thanks!!

Advertisement

Frogmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:59 PM   #2
IowaGold
Registered Users
seller

I can't help with the bottles (we used Playtex drop ins with DD1 and are planning to use them for DD2). If you ate going to continue to breastfeed, you should stay with the slow flow nipples. DD1 used the slow flow until we switched to sippy cups.
IowaGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:16 PM   #3
BirthdayMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What about the glass Dr. Browns? I haven't used them, but I'm a big believer in some sort of vented bottle system for a breastfed baby. I had to quit using the plain glass bottles with ODD also because of nipple problems, and didn't know about the glass Dr. Browns.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:32 PM   #4
aravae
Registered Users
seller

Ate the glass a standard neck size? There are lots of options for those. We use even Flo classic glass with Dr Brown's size 2 nipples. I have a fast letdown so she wouldn't take the smallest size. Generally, though, you stick with the slowest flow for bf babies.

P. S. I think is great you are breastfeeding your adopted lo.
aravae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 04:01 PM   #5
drjem
Registered Users

Re: Safest bottle for supplimenting with?

We use Tommee Tippee and have no issues
drjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:50 AM   #6
ghettobuggie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use comotomo!
ghettobuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 02:49 PM   #7
ladybug732
Registered Users
seller

Lactation consultants I talked to suggested Playtex drop ins, but I never asked about possible chemicals. I tend to not be too paranoid about that kind of thing, but you need to do what you're comfortable with. Good luck!
ladybug732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:21 PM   #8
lavenderducky
Registered Users

What brand of glass bottles are you using? Avent makes wide mouth glass bottles with slow flow nipples for newborns. They come with the 4 oz bottles, the 8 oz bottles come with stage 2 so you will need to buy the slower slow ones.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk
lavenderducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:04 AM   #9
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Supplemental nursing system to feed at Brest or dr browns with preemie flow nipples

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote