Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-07-2014, 10:29 AM   #1
MrsMartin2013
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Buying Nusring Bras and Tanks, do I wait until after birth??

Hello!

I am 33 weeks, nearing in on 34! We are expecting twins and planning to breastfeed. If we cannot breastfeed I will pump for them.

I do not have any nursing bras or tanks yet, and I am wondering if I should buy some ahead of time, or if I need to wait until my milk comes in after their birth?

My breasts have grown a bit with this pregnancy, but my SIL tells me hers grew the most the week after my nephew was born.

Just wondering if anyone bought nursing clothes a head of time and they were able to guess the right size. I am afraid I will be exhausted after they arrive and not want to make even a quick shopping trip for a while.

I am thinking maybe I could buy some tanks with built in bras. I am 5ft4 and currently 147lbs. My pre-pregnancy bra size was 32D but I have been wearing only size large cotton stretchy bras for months now. Also, I lost 30 lbs in my first trimester, so I am still at my prepregnancy weight, but hoping to see an increase these last few weeks. I am wearing small maternity pants and med/large maternity shirts. So I thought about grabbing a couple size large tanks, what do yall think? What did you wear while nursing constantly those first few months?

Advertisement

MrsMartin2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:49 AM   #2
saturn
Registered Users

Re: Buying Nusring Bras and Tanks, do I wait until after birth??

Get some tanks now, but wait until after the babies arrive to get actual bras.
It's just impossible to know what size you'll need for bras. Tanks usually are more flexible in sizing and often cheaper. I pretty much lived in nursing tanks with a hoodie/cardigan/robe on top for the first few weeks postpartum.
saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:45 AM   #3
LaurenLee
Registered Users
seller

I still wear nursing tanks all the time (6 months in)! Also, I really like the criss-cross style nursing bras (kind of like sports bras). I bought a few from target online and medela makes a comfortable one. I bought all mine before baby a size bigger than what I would normally wear. I also like the Bravado Bliss bra for when I need more support.
LaurenLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:04 PM   #4
MrsMartin2013
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies! I am for sure going to grab some nursing tanks later today. When you say a size up, do you mean band, cup, or both?
MrsMartin2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:12 PM   #5
LaurenLee
Registered Users
seller

Well everything that I have is sized small, medium, etc.
LaurenLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:59 PM   #6
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

I agree with getting some roomy tanks. I'm usually a medium and I went with a large.
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:48 AM   #7
ghettobuggie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I waited until after my son was born before I bought anything, was worried something wouldn't end up fitting properly & didn't want to waste money.
ghettobuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:59 AM   #8
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

you probably could get tanks but after sometimes you still grow and others not.so I would wait on bras..
Size up in cup for sure but I can't remember if they said band too at motgerhood maternity like 10 years ago when i was looking.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:55 AM   #9
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I got a couple bras one cup size up when I was pregnant with twins & could never wear them. My breasts got larger throughout the 1st trimester but never increased in size with breast feeding or pumping.

This time I've picked up a couple comfortable cross over sports bras. they hold me comfortably now in the 2nd tri & allow for potential expansion. I'm not big on having to shop for anything the first several weeks & want to be prepared. I'm going to pick up a couple tanks too, but I get a much better fit with sports bras than built in tank liners. I can't wait to shop for real nursing bras though as they are way more attractive than sports bras
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:23 PM   #10
mamaree14
Registered Users

Get a couple before (sleep ones, basically like sports bras). I sent the hubby on numerous trips to Target to get various types and sizes of nursing bras in the first couple weeks after baby came.
mamaree14 is offline   Reply With Quote