Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2014, 09:15 AM   #1
chickabiddy
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,040
My Mood:
Vegan, gluten and sugar free treats?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but I'm not sure where to turn...

My mom has some recent strict diet restrictions. She can't have dairy (eggs or milk), gluten or sugar. Tomorrow is her birthday and she's feeling down about not being able to have cake. I called all our local bakeries and no one makes a cake that she can eat.

I'm not sure that I'm ready to try my hand at gluten free/vegan baking but I want to do something for her. Does anyone have any ideas for treats?

TIA

Advertisement

chickabiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:45 AM   #2
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,984
Re: Vegan, gluten and sugar free treats?

hey

let me work on this.
__________________
a happy mama with
thanks DH
Will almost always trade for yarn (vanilla. peppermint.)
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:42 AM   #3
mama2sweetpeas
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 934
My Mood:
Re: Vegan, gluten and sugar free treats?

Love her stuff: http://www.vega-licious.com/laying-off-gluten/ and http://www.vega-licious.com/sugar-fr...cookie-recipe/

She says how to make it gluten free if not already. Also: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/recipes/

She has DIVINE recipes.
__________________
Sarah, married to a wonderful hubby, mommy 4 little ones (6 ,4 ,2, 7.5 months).
mama2sweetpeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:44 AM   #4
teacherpippi's Avatar
teacherpippi
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,599
My Mood:
Re: Vegan, gluten and sugar free treats?

Can she have honey, dates, or other alternative things like that?
teacherpippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:19 PM   #5
chickabiddy
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,040
My Mood:
Re: Vegan, gluten and sugar free treats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2sweetpeas View Post
Love her stuff: http://www.vega-licious.com/laying-off-gluten/ and http://www.vega-licious.com/sugar-fr...cookie-recipe/

She says how to make it gluten free if not already. Also: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/recipes/

She has DIVINE recipes.
I love the raw recipes! I think I might try the mousse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherpippi View Post
Can she have honey, dates, or other alternative things like that?
She can do honey and I'm pretty sure dates are okay.
chickabiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:05 PM   #6
teacherpippi's Avatar
teacherpippi
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,599
My Mood:
Re: Vegan, gluten and sugar free treats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickabiddy View Post
She can do honey and I'm pretty sure dates are okay.
Wait, honey isn't vegan, right? Duh, me. Still, if you can add things in like date spread, maple syrup, etc, there are a lot of options.

Okay, I've made these:
http://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/03/0...less-brownies/
They are good. You can taste the zucchini faintly, but they satisfy my chocolatey gooey craving. I would like to try them as mini muffins to get more "crunch" to the outside.

I haven't tried this:
http://deliciouslyorganic.net/fudgy-chocolate-tarts/
But it looks divine and is on my "hope to try soon" list.
teacherpippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:46 PM   #7
chickabiddy
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,040
My Mood:
Re: Vegan, gluten and sugar free treats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherpippi View Post
Wait, honey isn't vegan, right? Duh, me. Still, if you can add things in like date spread, maple syrup, etc, there are a lot of options.

Okay, I've made these:
http://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/03/0...less-brownies/
They are good. You can taste the zucchini faintly, but they satisfy my chocolatey gooey craving. I would like to try them as mini muffins to get more "crunch" to the outside.

I haven't tried this:
http://deliciouslyorganic.net/fudgy-chocolate-tarts/
But it looks divine and is on my "hope to try soon" list.
I should have been more clear. She's not actually vegan. She just can't have milk or eggs. Now I have too many choices. LOL.
chickabiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:55 AM   #8
mrsbenav's Avatar
mrsbenav
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 330
My Mood:
Re: Vegan, gluten and sugar free treats?

http://www.livingrawtreats.com/organ...acao-truffles/

Love this company. Assuming your mom can do alternatives to sugar. They are kinda pricey but you only have to eat one to satisfy a craving. Seriously amazing!! I hope you find something good!

Oh, and how about avocado pudding? There are tons of yummy recipes for that! You can use dates, honey or anything for a sweetener. Good luck.
mrsbenav is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.