Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-15-2014, 05:32 PM   #1
ealfaro814
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Nursing Tops!

Does anyone know of a decently priced place (in west Michigan) or website to buy nursing shirts? I generally shop at thrift/consignment stores so even the $20+ price tags at places like Motherhood Maternity are a little high for me! I'll keep checking on FSOT as well!! But any help would be awesome!!

Advertisement

ealfaro814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:39 AM   #2
BirthdayMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I troll the maternity clearance section at gap.com. I've gotten each of my nursing shirts there for less than $20. Usually between $8-$12, but they're really well made and have lasted through heavy use for the last 21 months. Still look new.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:34 AM   #3
Southernbelle
Registered Users
seller

Re: Nursing Tops!

I've found nursing shirts in the maternity section at Goodwill. I've also found them at consignment shops that sell kids stuff and maternity clothes.

For my last baby, I just layered. I took some of my husbands white undershirts and cut off the sleeves. I cut the arm opening until it was below my breast, then I just wore one of my own shirts over it. Instant DIY nursing tank. No sewing required.

I'm planning to do the same thing this time, too. I bought an 8-pack of men's undershirts and I bought some tank tops from Goodwill. I wanted different neckline options for the different kind of shirts I'd be wearing over them.

There's also some good DIY options if you search Pinterest.

Mama to 6: DD 6/00, DS 2/02, DD 11/05, DS 12/10, DS 5/14 and DD 7/15
3 angel babies from miscarriages
Southernbelle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:55 AM   #4
luvub40
Registered Users

Karen, Virginia gets very hot and very humid in summer. What are your diy options when the weather starts warming up?
luvub40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:33 PM   #5
Crunchy Kaley
Registered Users

I just bought several on Babies R Us for less than$10.00 each. they were running out of sizes so I would look quick. The brand was Thyme and I think their prices are pretty affordable in general and more unique than a lot of the cheaper options. I also found some on H&M 2/20$ T-shirts. They were cute too but I am waiting to try them. The under cover mama is also a great option for a more affordable nursing tank!
Crunchy Kaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:40 PM   #6
Alikhlas
Registered Users
seller

Old navy is great stuff for under $15 plus coupons all the time!
Alikhlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:19 PM   #7
Edensmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Troll Zulily! I got some for a great deal on there. I wish I would have seen your post, I just donated a bunch to Salvation Army. I would have just given them to you for free. If I find any more, I'll let you know. What size are you looking for?
Edensmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:37 PM   #8
lapedestrienne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

H&M and Old Navy have some cheap stuff, or just scrounge around the thrift stores for cute cross-front tops or big scoopnecks. I have way too many other expenses to justify dedicated nursing clothes. Mostly I wear tank tops that are cut low enough to pull down, and then a hoodie or button-front shirt or cardigan on top of that. All pretty cheap at Goodwill and Salvo, that way I don't feel bad when bebe destroys it with his spit!
lapedestrienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:20 PM   #9
1busyb
Registered Users

I bought a bunch of spaghetti strap tanks at goodwill and target (on clearance), cut the straps off at the back and hand sewed a small loop on the front that hooks onto my nursing bras, essentially making my own undercover mama type shirt. That way I can wear pretty much any shirt I want and my belly is covered when I lift the top shirt to nurse.
1busyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:06 AM   #10
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Check Pinterest or google for diy nursing tank directions. Super easy and then any shirt can be a nursing shirt. You just need a snug fit spaghetti strap tank as per the post above.