Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-17-2014, 10:04 AM   #1
2littlemen
Registered Users

My Mood:
Question How much to charge for diapers?

Hi
Help! I have a stash of Fuzzi Bunz, purchased 6 yrs ago used for 2 children , small and mediums , approx 12 and 18 in each lot. The elastic has gone around the waist and legs. Help, are these worth anything? I have no idea what would be a good price to charge? or are these only denateable condition? Are there handy moms that can replace elastics? If I had known the elastic would have gone while in storage I would have sold awhile ago.'

I also have 6 mint condition all in ones purchased 3 yrs ago and used a few times. Elastics are great condition on these. Never sold my stash b/c thought I was having more kids but unfortunately not.

TIA

Advertisement

2littlemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:41 AM   #2
famaza
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How much to charge for diapers?

Yes, there are some moms here who replace elastics for a fee. If the PUL (water-proof layer) is intact and the diapers are leak-proof, you can sell them.Good luck, mama!
famaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:30 AM   #3
Winterautumn3
Registered Users
seller

elastics are definitely replaceable!
Winterautumn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:28 AM   #4
Ophelialove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have fuzzi bunz from 7 yrs ago & I just went to check to see how my elastic was doing & it is super stretchy still & due to lending, mine have been through 4 kiddos. (This made me so curious, I literally got up & went & checked & also looked at how the elastic is installed in those...hehe)

I would suspect that where they were stored got very hot. That is murder on elastic. Make sure your PUL is still leak proof though like already mentioned, because the same heat that can damage elastic can damage PUL. If your PUL is fine, replacing elastic isn't that hard to do. For the resale on used covers though, I would think you'd be better off selling them to someone willing to repair than paying someone to repair & then selling. I guess it depends how much you would be charged on the repairs.
Ophelialove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 04:20 AM   #5
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

I personally, assuming the pul is good, would list them around 3-4 each and then offer bundle discounts. For the ons with good elastic you can compare what they are going for on fsot or I usually ask 60% retail for good used condition down to 40% for more wear, as a general guide, but usually I would check the going rate.

As long as your advert is clear about the considtion and needing new elastics it is fine to sale, and someone who is able to replace it themselves would be happy to get a deal, and you dont fully loose out either, win win.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:22 AM   #6
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
I have bunch of elastic and the only ones that doesn't do Willi have seen are the waist elastic ina change. Legs are Just fine to for me.

Check to make sure pul still good. I bought and gal apparently didn't know the pul went bad and it was a newer one but before elite os.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:49 AM   #7
Ophelialove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunchoflemons View Post
I have bunch of elastic and the only ones that doesn't do Willi have seen are the waist elastic ina change. Legs are Just fine to for me.

Check to make sure pul still good. I bought and gal apparently didn't know the pul went bad and it was a newer one but before elite os.
What?
LOL
I think something got copy & pasted or moved in your 1st paragraph. I can't make out what you mean at all. :P
Ophelialove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 05:15 AM   #8
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophelialove View Post

What?
LOL
I think something got copy & pasted or moved in your 1st paragraph. I can't make out what you mean at all. :P

I have been up since 2am so you will have to pardon typing on my phone. Baby woke then too & now just getting to sleep...so tired as then my toddler woke about an hour ago too.

I was saying elastics are fairly easy to change & I have tons of extras I bought here. I just have been having issues with seam on waist coming out when changing elastics but I could change the leg elastics for you no problem.