Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-11-2014, 07:32 PM   #21
Marbie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I am thinking she is getting all of her sucking satisfaction from her paci, so I would drop it all together, when though it will make you insane for a few days while she resists and adjusts.

I was also wondering if you have overactive let-down, which may cause her to bounce off if she feels the stream is too forceful. Plus there is a ton of fore-milk in those cases, so she may just never get to the hind milk, causing a bad cycle. If you think this might be the case, you can pump or hand express some milk before you nurse and then hopefully what's left for your DD will be fattier and not as torrential.

On the other hand, what another poster says might also be true: that your milk is drying up a bit. I have less advice on this problem though!

Advertisement

Marbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:54 PM   #22
TiffaithRandalls
Registered Users

Re: EBF Moms: Help! Advice & Opinions Needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbie View Post
I am thinking she is getting all of her sucking satisfaction from her paci, so I would drop it all together, when though it will make you insane for a few days while she resists and adjusts.

I was also wondering if you have overactive let-down, which may cause her to bounce off if she feels the stream is too forceful. Plus there is a ton of fore-milk in those cases, so she may just never get to the hind milk, causing a bad cycle. If you think this might be the case, you can pump or hand express some milk before you nurse and then hopefully what's left for your DD will be fattier and not as torrential.

On the other hand, what another poster says might also be true: that your milk is drying up a bit. I have less advice on this problem though!
I'm gonna brace myself with the paci.

I actually came to the conclusion that Olivia has lip tie! The LC told me she didn't but she's wrong and it is so frustrating.

On the other hand, I've been expressing a bit of milk every hour and I'm going to get larger shields for my pumps so hopefully pumping will work out better for me

Happy Mama
TiffaithRandalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:32 PM   #23
Npreyer
Registered Users

My Mood:
EBF Moms: Help! Advice & Opinions Needed!

You might try babywearing? If she's a drive by eater, she can pop on and off as she likes while you have her attached to you.

The average feeding interval around the world is... 15 minutes! Yep! On average, around the world, most nursing babes eat every 15 minutes (Our Babies Ourselves).

That said, I feed on demand/crunchy mom/etc and the drive by nursing would drive me utterly crazy, world average or not. I totally get that you want her to nurse more volume less frequently--I would too! Just thought you might find some comfort in knowing that she's actually quite normal! Good luck getting her to be a more concentrated nurser!
Npreyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:14 PM   #24
TiffaithRandalls
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Npreyer View Post
You might try babywearing? If she's a drive by eater, she can pop on and off as she likes while you have her attached to you.

The average feeding interval around the world is... 15 minutes! Yep! On average, around the world, most nursing babes eat every 15 minutes (Our Babies Ourselves).

That said, I feed on demand/crunchy mom/etc and the drive by nursing would drive me utterly crazy, world average or not. I totally get that you want her to nurse more volume less frequently--I would too! Just thought you might find some comfort in knowing that she's actually quite normal! Good luck getting her to be a more concentrated nurser!
That's awesome! It's so interesting to hear about other little ones.. It makes sense that babies like to nurse on average every 15 minutes because way way way back I'm sure women just let the baby lay there lol which is cool. I have a coupon for a seven sling that I'm going to get wish me luck, this baby girl won't sit still and since I didn't start using this sooner she may not take to it.

Happy Mama
Old 07-12-2014, 12:38 AM   #25
Npreyer
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yeah, the book mentions that most babies are worn and that they kind of just pop on and off the boob at will throughout the day. That's great for those babies and mamas and I do try to keep it as crunchy as possible here, but, um, I have to wear a shirt! Lol. It's just not the culture we live in here.

I bet your babe will love the sling! Even if they haven't been in them before, I've heard that almost all babies really take to being worn because they love being so close to mom all the time.

If you're looking for help with the sling, I've really enjoyed The Babywearer forums!
Npreyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:00 AM   #26
JackieB
Registered Users
seller

You mentioned that your daughter has a lip- tie? I was going to suggest that you check for lip and tongue ties, as her behavior is pretty symptomatic of those. We dealt with terrible gas issues until we had our 3rd baby's ties released at 10 weeks. Until then, I pumped before nursing to help combat OALD (over active letdown), did laid back breastfeeding to slow down the flow, and just tried to get thru the gassy nights. She was a chunk from the beginning, though, so we never had issues with weight gain. You can check out this group on Facebook for help diagnosing and good support https://www.facebook.com/groups/tong...abies/?fref=ts.

This blog talks about it, too http://www.mommypotamus.com/how-to-d...-and-lip-ties/.

Hope you get it figured out soon! PM me if you have questions
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:41 AM   #27
Crunchy Kaley
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffaithRandalls
What's milk plus?? And that seems about right! Happy Mama
It is supplement to increase supply made by Mother Love.
Crunchy Kaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:12 PM   #28
Hum Bums
Senior Moderator
seller

I preferred this tea with my first. Cheaper per cup.
http://www.bulkherbstore.com/Mamas-Milk-Tea-Organic

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using diaperswappers.com mobile app
Hum Bums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:45 PM   #29
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Try bloock feeding & ditch paci. Looking back im thinking that the paci was issue with oldest. She leaked everywhere .

Mine would pop on & off if teething, or milk let down was too much as my let down was big & fast. Try making sure pump shields are big enough as I think that might be issue with oldest too as i didnt know they maked bigger nippled ones fo my pump. I pumped about 2000 oz to donate with second baby with shields that worked & right sizes as she was pro eater from day one.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:31 PM   #30
TiffaithRandalls
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunchoflemons View Post
Try bloock feeding & ditch paci. Looking back im thinking that the paci was issue with oldest. She leaked everywhere .

Mine would pop on & off if teething, or milk let down was too much as my let down was big & fast. Try making sure pump shields are big enough as I think that might be issue with oldest too as i didnt know they maked bigger nippled ones fo my pump. I pumped about 2000 oz to donate with second baby with shields that worked & right sizes as she was pro eater from day one.
Yes, this week I plan to order larger shields mine are way too small lol

I'd love to pump enough to donate, I'd be so happy. Olivia has been eating really well the past two days

Happy Mama