Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-28-2014, 03:46 AM   #1
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

DS keeps food in his mouth

My DS is 19 months and has always had a habit of stuffing his mouth full of food but recently he has started keeping a mouth full. It's usually at the end of a meal or snack, meat more than anything but can be anything or a combination of foods. Anyone else have a little one that does/did this?

Sent from my iPhone using diaperswappers.com

Advertisement

Old 07-28-2014, 03:37 PM   #2
MrsStripe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: DS keeps food in his mouth

Yep, we called him little squirrel and he kept it in his cheeks. When we noticed that he was doing it, we made him sit back down in his chair and chew it up until it was gone, or he could spit it in the trash can. Daycare had the same procedure with him. But, there was more than once that he would wake up after nap time and start chewing on his squirrel food. He stopped doing it for a while, and has started up again at 3 1/2.
MrsStripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:25 AM   #3
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: DS keeps food in his mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsStripe View Post
Yep, we called him little squirrel and he kept it in his cheeks. When we noticed that he was doing it, we made him sit back down in his chair and chew it up until it was gone, or he could spit it in the trash can. Daycare had the same procedure with him. But, there was more than once that he would wake up after nap time and start chewing on his squirrel food. He stopped doing it for a while, and has started up again at 3 1/2.
Exactly this. My oldest did this. If I forgot to check his mouth before nap time he would more than likely wake up and start chewing his 'back up food'. He stopped around 3 or 4.

Sent from my iPhone using diaperswappers.com
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote