Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-02-2014, 10:48 AM   #1
greysmama
Registered Users
seller

Sbish obf ammonia

I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find my answer in a search. So please help me mamas!! I'm kinda baffled that another mama would sell an ammonia diaper . I bought a sbish obf off fsot to try it out for nights. Got it and washed it and used it last night. This morning I was coughing from the burn in my throat and my eyes watered from the ammonia! I know this isn't from my lil guys one night in the thing. All the ammonia posts I read said hot water and vinegar. Which I'm going to do but I'm wondering is bleach a NEVER thing with sbish obf?

Sent from my iPhone using diaperswappers.com

Advertisement

greysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:01 AM   #2
lfw802
Registered Users
seller

Following. Our sbish never go in the bleach wash with the regular prefolds and flats. But they definitely get the stinkies. I'm just terrified that bleach will destroy they, even a little bit of bleach...
lfw802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 03:52 PM   #3
carverjill
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Re: Sbish obf ammonia

I use bleach on my sbish obfs and i think that's mostly what keeps the ammonia away, that and tide.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:29 PM   #4
seacat
Registered Users
seller

I use bleach on mine. I know it's a no no but it's not possible for us at least. We've had sloomb diapers for years and we don't have holes. I also always run a used diaper through a bleach cycle. These are diapers after all.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:46 PM   #5
greysmama
Registered Users
seller

Yea I'm not usually afraid of bleach but with sbish it's like a cardinal sin?? Lol. How much do you ladies use

Old 08-02-2014, 11:47 PM   #6
carverjill
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

I use list a little, maybe 1/4 cup or less about 1x per week. I have one OBF with a print outer (sweet chevies) and the grey has gotten a little purple-ish. I have a few very small holes in DD's mediums but they were used when I got them so figure they would be the first to go. I got DSs new and have been washing with bleach for over a year and they are great (other than the print fading).
Old 08-03-2014, 07:53 AM   #7
greysmama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by carverjill View Post
I use list a little, maybe 1/4 cup or less about 1x per week. I have one OBF with a print outer (sweet chevies) and the grey has gotten a little purple-ish. I have a few very small holes in DD's mediums but they were used when I got them so figure they would be the first to go. I got DSs new and have been washing with bleach for over a year and they are great (other than the print fading).

Thank you!! I'm doing a soak in piping hot water and a bout 2 tbsp bleach and just the trouble obf. Then diaper laundry and I'm crossing my fingers that it works.

Old 08-03-2014, 09:30 AM   #8
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by carverjill View Post
Ditto. I stopped buying the prints after I fried a foxes face off with bleach. I now have just the standard ones, snap less and hemp. All withstand a little bit bleach just fine.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:32 AM   #9
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by greysmama View Post
Yea I'm not usually afraid of bleach but with sbish it's like a cardinal sin?? Lol. How much do you ladies use

Yeah it is. I also don't have time to monkey around with the 25 soaks and washes they would prefer for you to do. 1/4 of a cup for a large load and less for smallers.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:47 AM   #10
greysmama
Registered Users
seller

Thank you ladies. The obf seems to be good but I'll find out tommorrow morning when I change his morning diaper lol