Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-02-2014, 05:38 PM   #1
Earthy Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
what was your next addiction/hobby??

this is terrible to ask, but i am getting close to have my stash complete and im getting so sad about it!!!

ive almost got everything i will need from birth-PL... unless DS doesnt PL before DD2 needs the large Sandy's, then ill get a stash of xl covers/woolies and toddle ease... and i want to get some longies in the winter.

this time i am saving everything and i have gotten everything white/natural color.. and it is killing me! lol but at the same time logical for my obsession/ocd with cloth...im dying to get the new pretty colors of MEAF's though!! gahhh!

i was thinking i could start collecting some awesome mama cloth but i wont need it for awhile so that is no fun if i can use/try it out!

what was your next cloth love after diapers???

ive spent a lot of time and money to have my plain jane stash streamlined and boring, i cant turn back now lol

Advertisement

Old 08-02-2014, 05:51 PM   #2
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: what was your next addiction/hobby??

Knitting. I have tons of hand knits now. If you dou gender neutral or boyish colors you can always girly them up with girly tops so they can be used for boys or girls.

I also now am beginning to do knits for me. Shawls and eventually tops.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:50 PM   #3
Southernbelle
Registered Users
seller

When I first started cloth diapering 14 years ago, my stash was purely functional. There weren't nearly the number of companies or websites or cute diapers like there are now. When I was shopping for diapers I had to call the company, request a catalog, wait for it to come in the mail, flip through the pages, then call and place an order! It took a few years for cloth diapers to get trendy and they started to get cute. THEN it got fun to collect diapers.

Sewing clothes for the kids was probably my next hobby. Actually, I sewed a lot of diapers, so I don't know if that counts as a separate hobby?!

My next passion was scrap booking all those moments of my kids growing. Lots of pictures of babies in diapers.

Scrapbooking led to rubber stamping. I'm still very into stamping and card making. Making a card is instant gratification, it's a quick project and very satisfying. And I get to color with markers.

I've since added chicken keeping and hatching chicks in an incubator.

I think I have a hobby problem. Anyone have a 12-step program they can recommend?

Mama to 5: DD 6/00, DS 2/02, DD 11/05, DS 12/10, DS 5/14 and expecting someone new 7/15
3 angel babies from miscarriages
Southernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:01 PM   #4
Bentley'sMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

After I recovered from my cloth addiction I moved my focus to healthier living for the entire family. Cooking real food, using natural cleaners, using natural toiletries, mama cloth, family cloth, unpaper towels, chiropractic care etc etc. Its such a broader topic I've been happily learning and practicing healthier living for about 3 years but have made the most progress just in the last year.
Bentley'sMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:28 PM   #5
AmandaA
Registered Users
seller

Babywearing.... Woven wraps, wrap conversions, ring slings. Makes my diaper hobby seem so much less expensive! Ha ha
AmandaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:31 PM   #6
CaraRae
Registered Users

I am currently switching my stash from pockets to fitteds n prefold so I am back in the throws of my CD obsession. However, before I decided to make this transition I had started gardening. It is kinda late in the year for that but you can start researching now for next year. It is kinda time consuming but you can get the kids involved and they love watching the plants grow. The nice thing is you can do it on as small or big of a scale as you want. I spend most of my summer canning and freezing lots of fruits n veggies between our own home grown and going to farmers markets and doing you picks even if you live in an apartment or have very little yard you can still do container or square foot gardening. It is too rewarding and I find it relaxing. My 5yo DD loves pulling frozen beans or strawberries out of the freezer and saying mommy remember when we picked these. Great way to teach your kids about where there food comes from and eating healthier. Plus it's way cheaper to grow organic than it is to buy it at the store!
CaraRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:40 PM   #7
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

Mama cloth pads. It got bad there for a while. Then I resumed my girlhood/teenage hobbies of reading and crocheting. It's bad.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:35 AM   #8
fantasia1117
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Sewing, or should I say buying fabric, although I don't have as much time to sew as I used to. I have quilts planned in my head that are still in the form of uncut fabric. Plus a list of things I want to make for baby #3. But I still buy diapers and I am always contemplating more!
WOHM Mama to my two boys DS#1 (12/30/2007) and DS#2 (10/7/2010). Married to my amazing DH since 7/23/2005.
fantasia1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:49 AM   #9
greysmama
Registered Users
seller

Sewing and furniture up cycling soooo fun

Sent from my iPhone using diaperswappers.com
greysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:24 PM   #10
Rumptastic
Registered Users
seller

Subbing for someday when I move on from my CD addiction! I still haven't made it a week without a purchase yet! Diaper Rite Flats just shipped >.<