Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-04-2014, 08:43 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: what was your next addiction/hobby??

Knitting! Actually, I haven't changed up my stash in a long time and its pretty plain, but I still com on here. I get very antsy nursing my son to sleep without something to read.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using mobile app

RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:49 PM   #12
Registered Users

Sewing for sure. Mainly quilting and repair sewing
MamaV4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 02:21 AM   #13
Registered Users

My new hobby, now that I'm not addicted to obsessing over cute CDs anymore, is actually declutter- ing... If you can call that a hobby. I also knit, sew, and scrapbook a little, but I don't have as much time for those hobbies as I'd like. I'm finding I get a nice satisfied feeling from spending a few hours each week, going through stuff that accumulates over the years and sorting it, donating it or pitching it, or listing it for sale online.

I got divorced 7 years ago and lost half my stuff- yet there's still way too much stuff in my home that I don't use/need anymore. Clothing, electronics, baby items, kitchen things, outgrown cloth diapers ;P

I am hoping to keep up with this hobby and eventually become less of a pack rat. I don't know why I let so much stuff accumulate... Sometimes I actually have real anxiety when I sell something and start to get seller's remorse, even. Then I'm like, "what?! Let it go! You're not going to need it again." Or, "It served its purpose to you, now let it be useful to someone else." It's crazy. I'm not anywhere near to living a sparse life, but I'd like a household where 1 adult, 1 child, and 2 cats can move around without having to bump into each other while navigating past piles of stuff.

It's not a cloth hobby, but it is strangely addictive. To get rid of clutter is very freeing, even if it's just from one part of a larger room.

Last edited by kirst; 08-05-2014 at 02:26 AM.
kirst is offline   Reply With Quote