Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-02-2014, 06:40 PM   #1
bugz
Registered Users

Any of these diapers that fit from 5-12 pounds well?

Right now it looks like our little guy is going to be on the small side. Guesstimating about 5-5.5 pounds, maybe a little less. We thought he'd be larger closer to 8, so the plan was to use disposables until he fit OS (BG and FB, maybe CB). But if he's small I think it be cheaper to have smaller diapers rather than be in sposies for 3+ months.

I'm looking at diapers used in my area, I'd prefer buy used to save money. I found FB X-Small (4-12), Lil' Joeys (4-12), THX Newborn (4-12) and AMP AIO Small (6-14). Anyone know if they fit well in those weights, without peeing through them? Or other suggestions?

We're going to do prefolds during the day but would prefer an easy on option for night time.

Advertisement

Last edited by bugz; 08-02-2014 at 06:47 PM.
bugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:28 PM   #2
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Any of these diapers that fit from 5-12 pounds well?

I had THX nb...they're virtually identical to Lil Joeys, as I understand. They started fitting my little girls around 6.5 lbs & not reliably w/o leg leaks until 7+, but by that time, they could mostly pee right through the absorbency. I'm not sure if the FB fit like Charlie Bananas, they used to. I had some CB & they were quite big for an XS, not fitting until 7+ lbs, though I did like the fit during that time. Nana's Bottoms & Imagine were probably my favorite nb aios. I liked kl0s & I had some fitteds made by mams on here for their personal use that I adored. I know they're not for everybody, but I like pfs,too. I had my girls in regular infant pfs by 6lbs.

ETA: we did sposies at night from the get-go & certainly until they fit in the nb cloth I had.

Last edited by carriek38; 08-02-2014 at 07:31 PM.
carriek38 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:37 PM   #3
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I suggest Nana's Bottoms if you are set on trying cloth right away. The brands you mentioned don't actually fit small babies or hold much output. My girls were 5lbs 8oz and 6lbs 1 oz. Most NB cloth options did not fit well until they were about 8lbs and then did not have enough absorbency. For a long time we preferred to fold down the fronts of NB sposies to get a decent fit.
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:52 PM   #4
bugz
Registered Users

If we're better off using sposies until he fits OS that's fine. There is no use buying newborn/small diapers that won't fit! If they won't fit when he's born there probably is no sense in buying them.
bugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:52 PM   #5
carverjill
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Lil joeys will fit smaller babies but I didn't find them to be all that absorbent so be ready for that to possibly be n issue. You can however add a doubler in if your baby is small.

Get some imagine NB diapers, they are cheap and fit DD well at 7 lbs-10 lbs.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:58 AM   #6
greysmama
Registered Users
seller

The nb imagines have a short rise and the bamboo are super soft. At $10 for a bamboo aio it's an awesome price.

When I was researching for my nb stash I read a few times from mamas with both lil joeys and thx that the thx held more.

Haven't used my nb stash yet. Anxiously awaiting November

Sent from my iPhone using diaperswappers.com
greysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:12 AM   #7
risata
Registered Users
seller

The imagine nbs look like they get teeny. DS fit in them nicely @ 7.5 lbs & they definitely would've fit a much smaller baby. The bamboo is super soft & squishy & absorbent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-03-2014, 09:16 AM   #8
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

Those guesstimates don't mean anything. On the day I delivered DS I had an ultrasound and palpation. Two docs and a doula estimated 6.5-7.25lbs. He was almost 9lbs!

I'm currently diapering my 7wk old who was born at 7.5lbs and dropped to 7lbs. NB simplex fit from a few hours old and we still have tons of room - at least another month or two. The other diapers that fit great are Grovia AIO (still fit beautifully trim, hold for 2hrs) and NB workhorses (switched to small last week for absorbency) with thirsties duo wraps. If I were expecting a small baby I'd get a dozen of each and call it a day.

I have CB xs which are largely the same as FB xs. They basically didn't fit until almost 10lbs but the absorbency is insufficient so I need to add a doubler every time. Don't recommend.

Great customer service from:

meljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:11 PM   #9
lpsexton
Registered Users
seller

That sucks to hear about the Lil Joeys. I bought a few along with my prefolds and covers hoping they would fit my little when he was born because drs are saying he is going to be kind of small too... plus I am trying to find something my mom and dad will try on him that is cloth since they think it's dumb and complicated. They seemed pretty straight forward. But I thought they were a little pricey. I hope they absorb decently at least. How should I prep them?
lpsexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:13 AM   #10
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpsexton View Post
That sucks to hear about the Lil Joeys. I bought a few along with my prefolds and covers hoping they would fit my little when he was born because drs are saying he is going to be kind of small too... plus I am trying to find something my mom and dad will try on him that is cloth since they think it's dumb and complicated. They seemed pretty straight forward. But I thought they were a little pricey. I hope they absorb decently at least. How should I prep them?
Prep LJ once to wash. You can get a simplex or imagine in h&l. It looks exactly like a disposable!

Great customer service from:

meljc is offline   Reply With Quote