Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-03-2014, 10:55 PM   #1
lpsexton
Registered Users
seller

Gdiaper insert options

I was wondering what some good options for inserts for my Gdiapers are? I have found a few of the cloth inserts specifically from Gdiapers used... which I could only afford used. SO, I was wondering if anyone had experience using prefolds (newborn) in the smalls? When I tried it it looked like folding over the top of them (they are too long, but the right width) was going to make the pouch bulge out and leak. Baby wont be here for another 3 weeks so I am trying to decide. I unfortunately bought I think too many of the gPants so I hope I didn't waste my money!!

Advertisement

lpsexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:39 PM   #2
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would love to know too
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:44 AM   #3
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Gdiaper insert options

The smalls use the premee prefolds and the larger sizes fit the sm/infant size prefold. The thirsties small hemp and the thirsties fab fitted doublers both fit well in the smalls. (together it's about 7oz not bad). I'm sure a small flat could be folded to fit (like a osocozy flat).
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:45 AM   #4
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

BTW, it's unlikely that your LO will fit into the small day 1 -- they first more around 8lbs and a little leg chub. So just be prepared.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:23 AM   #5
KendallMarie
Registered Users
seller

I found the pre-folds I had too bulky in the small Gpants but it would depend on the material/layers etc.

I tried the official G-cloth and was fairly unimpressed. So now I use a mix of bamboo/microfiber inserts I got on ebay, some i made myself (stay-dry topper, zorb, and micro terry)

And depending what version of G pants you got they may fit earlier later I did all used too and found some of the older versions fit smaller then others.

ISO: Fuzzibunz Elite OS, Lg Boy-ish G-diapers, MEAF M, ML, L
IHA: Sm G-diapers, pouches, g-cloth, NB Alvas, NB Sandies, NB Prefolds, NB Bummis covers
KendallMarie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:44 PM   #6
lpsexton
Registered Users
seller

I have prefolds and covers for newborn stage.. just trying to be prepared for after that I actually have heard that gcloth doesn't have much absorption, which is kinda sad considering how expensive they are. I am just hoping the g's work ok because I am already feeling a bit of regret after seeing all my other options.

Sent from my iPhone using diaperswappers.com
Old 08-04-2014, 05:01 PM   #7
greysmama
Registered Users
seller

Personally I'd use a flat in them. My osocozy flats hold 10 oz. an infant prefold hold 11oz. I don't like the gdiaper as a baby I watched had them and they wicked ebf everytime into the gpant. They are so cute and I've been tempted many times but I remember the leaks and I don't wanna deal with that :/

Sent from my iPhone using diaperswappers.com
greysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:45 PM   #8
carverjill
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Yeah I didnt like g diapers either. Too many parts and the absorbency was terrible if you used their cloth inserts. The smalls have the same pouch size as the tiny g's so you can really only fit a preemie prefold in them and they dont absorb a lot. DD was out peeing those at 1 month. G diapers have great resale value on eBay so if you decide you don't like them you will be able to recoup a good amount of the money you spent on them if you sell that way.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:59 PM   #9
Bentley'sMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Premie prefolds work but are not very absorbent. I used the gcloth and gflappers (from nappy shoppe). I loved the system and used it exclusively for about 6 months. It was more work than some systems but I thought it was worth it since they are by far the cutest diaper IMO. When I did switch it was to AIOs for convenience and because I started putting pants on my DS so nobody else could see the cuteness anyways. I never had issues with leaks or wicking... I think most people who do use inserts that are too big and break the seal between the pouch and the baby.
Bentley'sMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:59 PM   #10
lpsexton
Registered Users
seller

ok cool, that was my next question... where to sell if I hate em :P I have seen on here some being sold but not too many.