Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-04-2014, 10:26 AM   #1
2become3
Registered Users

Do you love your HE FL washer?

We'll be purchasing a new washer/dryer in the next month and will likely be HE FL due to space issues. Does anyone have one they like? We have relatively soft water here. We used to have a FL washer before we moved and the only things I didn't care for was the lack of a pre-rinse option and the fact that I had to pour an extra pitcher of water into the wash cycle. Anyone have one w/ a pre-rinse option that doesn't need extra water to wash diapers properly? Are there some that have an "extra water" option built in?

Advertisement

2become3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:25 PM   #2
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you love your HE FL washer?

Mine doesn't have those features, but I have been very happy with it. And I went through several washers before I found this one that I liked (one finally died, and then I ended up returning 2 others before getting this one).
I have a Whirlpool Duet. It is a mid-range model, I tried getting low end models of other brands and they didn't work as well. If/when my washer dies, I will replace it with the same model b/c I like it so much. It gets my diapers and other laundry clean, period. My other washers left a lot to be desired.

Ones I didn't like:
Fridgidaire FL--we bought this as a scratch/dent model. Couldn't get stains out of clothes. I was happy when it died.

Maytag Bravos--this was one of the lower end models, maybe a more expensive one would work better. I put diapers in on the delicate cycle (which I always did for my first rinse) and stuff wasn't even all wet. I had flats that were inside the cover when I threw them in, and they didn't even agitate out of the cover. I also did a load of clothes, there was a purple shirt on top that never agitated into the water. I returned this washer for a Samsung FL.

Samsung FL--Hot water only get to about 85 F. I had a tech out to look at it, b/c stuff wasn't coming clean, and they told me that was how it was supposed to be--fancy environmental stuff used part hot and part cold for the hot cycle. The only cycle that got hot water was the sanitary cycle, which is 3 1/2 hours long (way too long for everyday type of hot washing). I also returned this washer.

Then I got my Whirlpool. No complaints with it. I have city water that is moderately hard, and I use Tide Free on clothes and Tide regular on diapers.
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:43 PM   #3
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have whirlpool duet ht (got ten years ago)

I set it to heavy duty with a pre wash and an extra rinse. And then I do a quick wash when that is done

We use regular tide to the first line

No issues. We have regular water
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:41 PM   #4
HopefullyMama
Registered Users
seller

LGs have "Extra water" buttons on them generally. I hate ours, but it's a cheapo Italian washer / dryer combo unit. *Hate*
HopefullyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:36 PM   #5
kjealysci
Registered Users
seller

Had a whirlpool fl. Recently got a samsung tl and no comparison. I definitely love the tl better.
kjealysci is offline   Reply With Quote