Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-27-2006, 05:03 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Need Yummy Vegetarian Recipes Fast!!!

I hope I don't overwhelm you with all of these links! I'll type up the recipe tonight...we just kind of made it up.

This is an interesting site with some awesome recipes...created with meat-eaters in mind.

This site has some great info on becoming a veggie.

Veggie Message Board

Some of my favorite recipe sites (some are vegan, but you can easily alter the recipes)

Kim - cloth diapering, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, fabric collecting, sewing, veggie mama
Colson (11/01) ~ 22 week angel Kaden (10/04) ~ Koen (9/05) ~ Marin (4/08)
Old DS Feedback
lovemyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 05:47 PM   #12

Toe Jam anyone?
My Mood:

I make a chicken pot pie with the quorn tenders, that is really cheap, inexpensive, and great for those "mainstream" folks! I just brown the tenders in a little oil and whatever seasoning I'm feeling like for the day, in a baking dish put a can of whatever "cream of" soup you like, mix in some milk (I just eyeball this, you can make it creamier or thicker depending on how much milk you want. some cooked broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, potatoes (you can even just cook up a bag of frozen veggies, whatever tickles your fancy), mix the veggies and "quorn" in the baking dish with the soup mixture. bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes. Using a package of refrigerator bisquits, cut them up into 1-2" squares, place them on top of the chicken pot pie and bake 15 minutes more (or until they are done to your liking). This feeds our family of four perfectly, so you may want to double it. Kids eat it up like its nobodys business!
Jemgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 06:55 PM   #13
Formerly: Boomer
My Mood:

My favorite is Sweet Pepper Baked Ziti! I cut the peppers into strips, so the kids can pick them out if they want.

1 box ziti noodles
3 bell peppers (you can mix red & green, I get green 'cause they're cheap!)
28 oz can tomatoes (for extra flavor, get the basil, oregano, & garlic flavored)
16 oz cheese, shredded (I do 8 oz cheddar, 8 oz Co-Jack)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 cup half & half
Italian seasoned bread crumbs

Prepare pasta according to directions. Add slices of the 3 bell peppers to the last few minutes of boiling. Mix cheese, tomatoes, salt, and pepper into a large bowl. Add pasta & peppers, mix well. Pour into 13x9 baking dish. Pour half and half over the dish, bake covered at 425 for 20-30 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with bread crumbs, then bake for an additional 10 minutes.
A real woman always has a clean house, an empty laundry basket, smells good, is well made-up, slim, healthy, eloquent, and perfectly well behaved...I suspect I am a man.
Psychomom is offline   Reply With Quote