Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-27-2006, 02:36 PM   #11
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

Re: parents of autistic children

wow that sounds like amiracle drug
she gets it in a natural store??? online?? nice to know

Advertisement

SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 02:41 PM   #12
Lucky Child
AKA The Evil Twin
Formerly: rrandle
seller

My Mood:

I stickied it for you ladies!
Old 04-27-2006, 03:27 PM   #13
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrandle
I stickied it for you ladies!
Thank you so very much! It's greatly appreciated!
keegans_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 03:25 PM   #14
janelyb
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatertots
I am thinking that my Chloe will be the same way here also. She is almost 21 months and dosn't even say one word. She just started walking about a month ago. She kinda copies some of the things we do. She is completly lacking in her Communication, gross motor skills and she is only a little behind in her fine motor and personal-social skills.
She is going to start a program called Sooner Start where a ST and an OT and whoever else they say she will need, will come to the house and work with her. I am hoping she will get better with this. I try to work with her all the time and I am hopefull but I see her on the same path that my son was on at this age.
Have you had her hearing tested???? My son had a hearing test at 20 months and we found out (just as momy had suspected) he has a mild hearing loss. Definately get evaluations from your Early Intervention programs...good luck!
Janel, mamma to: Tyler (6/03) and Isabella (6/95),ttc #3
janelyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:21 AM   #15
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just found this thread again. It is good to be back. Since i last posted we filed with SSA to get SSI for Kearnan. I got a call back last week and they said it looks like we will be approved. So not certain but we may be finally getting some help. If it comes through we will finally be able to take him to a DAN! dr and get him back in real therapy. Right now the only therapy he gets is through the public school and it is sad at best. He really needs OT and behavioral therapy, but right now we can't afford it and the insurance will only cover so much. Please keep your fingers crossed for us that this comes through.

Did anyone read the letter in the new issue of Mothering magazine? The mom said that she was always sad when new treatments came out for Autism because she knew they didn't have the money to try them. She had never been able to try any of the treatments for her child, and now even if she got the money, he is 11 and it was probably too late. It made me really sad, but I totally felt where she was coming from. You hear about all of these new wonder treatments, but then you feel like crap because you don't have the money to get your child treated. It just makes me feel like the only children that matter are the children of people with money. like my child doesn't deserve to get better because we are poor.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 03:10 PM   #16
~Stephanie~
Registered Users

My Mood:

My six year old son Cameron is autistic. He was diagnosed at age 3 so we have definitely BTDT. Big for you. Let me know if you have any questions.
~Stephanie~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 04:53 PM   #17
keegans_mommy
seller

My Mood:

My neighbor has a 7 year old daughter who is autisic so she and I had a looooooong chat today about getting the public school system to test Tiffany for special accomidations in classes. (she has Asperger's and ADHD)

Oh, and we find out the results of her hair test this next Monday!

So anyway, if anybody has any good advice for me, I will take it!
Old 05-04-2006, 03:00 PM   #18
Mom22girlz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just wanted to stop in and say hi. It is a nice place to talk about our children. I have a daughter that was diagnost 2 years ago with aspergers. I excepted it about 1 year ago. I have seen the signs since birth now that I look back on it, since she was a first child for me I thought all babys were like her. If I had my second first I and Megan second I would have seen the signs right away oh well. Right now I am trying to let Megan be who she is and learn to accept her for who she is. For me that is hard, I had dreams of swimming lessons and ballet she has a hard time with both. LOL she doe go to daisys at the AGS church so that is fun for her. Any ways I am glad I found this group.

Rachel
Mom22girlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 03:11 PM   #19
keegans_mommy
seller

My Mood:

Hi Rachel My oldest is an Aspie kid What do you find to be the hardest symptom to deal with?

Ours has got to be the fact she HAS to have the last word in an arguement! She hates to be touched when she's upset and have seen her scream bloody murder........IN PUBLIC!

Anyway, we have taken several steps back to just watch and see her for who she is. With us having to learn about what is her personality and what is Asperger's has been difficult but we are learning.

Welcome!
Old 05-04-2006, 04:27 PM   #20
Mom22girlz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The part about the last word of the argument is so Megan. I let her have the last word as long as she does what I want. The thing I have the hardest time with is yes the arguing. I have learned from my husband not to continue argueing with her. If she chooses to throw a fit I take her to her room and put her on her bed and tell her she can get off her bed. Then she pulls on my heart strings I will NEVER SEE MY MOM AGAIN! She chants this over and over I just have to tell my self she is doing it to push my bottons. Does you oldest hardly ever eat? Megan is tall and skinny I am amazed how she can live on snacky foods. I give her health snack foods but seems like if it involves a fork and spoon forget about it.

Rachel
Mom22girlz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
autism, potty training