Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-27-2006, 10:07 AM   #11
Lucky Child
AKA The Evil Twin
Formerly: rrandle
seller

My Mood:
Re: DH got mad at me because...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdpn
Whenever we would try that late in a pregnancy, we would both end up laughing at ourselves!

Advertisement

Old 04-27-2006, 11:12 AM   #12
LimeInTheCoconut
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Woollybottoms Mama~
We've all been there All you can do is laugh, and hopefully he can too. Just wait till the baby comes.... it all ends there for a while, but then it's back better than ever
Totally agree...I think our best sex was the first time after ds was born, if you can believe that. (Granted, we waited two months!) I was kind of scared, but dh was so considerate...it turned out to be the best ever!
LimeInTheCoconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:13 AM   #13
Zan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh my would I have been upset if my DH said that to me...I mean steaming Is your DH receptive to you telling him when he says something that hurt your feelings? If so, I'd say something like, I know that it takes more effort on your part right now, but I need to you to understand that I'm not trying to put that on you and need some more compassion that it's harder for me right now.

I'm 38w3d and I feel like a whale, it's hard to move around and get up on my own, tired all the time, etc and any comments can just shoot me through the roof- gotta love the hormones, huh?

However, Last week I had to reassure DH that it's okay to have sex- he was scared that the baby would come right away and isn't feeling ready. We did it this morning but I didn't tell him I secretly desired to get the baby moving along. The best part is that he was so love-y and wanted to make sure we'd have snuggle time so went into work late. I love it when he's like that...makes me want to do it more- even if I feel like a distressed cow right now!

Zan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:24 AM   #14
imommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I stalked DH my entire pregnancy for sex so he was the one that wasn't putting as much effort into it as I wanted. We did end up laughing alot at the end though because it took all I could to even move around. I was like a beached whale.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:26 AM   #15
deejahd
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm with Zan my DH is particularly kind/sweet about sex when I'm pregnant. He's always seeking to make things comfortable for us (me and babe) and making sure that I'm having a good time.

My smart alecy (is that a word) self would have probably come back with 'well you weren't that great either' any way I would say something to him.
deejahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 12:33 PM   #16
SarieQ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's really funny. I start to feel guilty later on in pregnancy for not being able to move around very much. My husband has never said anything, though, but I always wonder if he's thinking it.

I am in my 26th week and already dilating and having contractions. So, sadly no sex.
SarieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 12:49 PM   #17
jedibunni
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanyjoy
I'd have been this...

Me too!!!!

Old 04-27-2006, 01:31 PM   #18
raversangel
Banned

holy crap i would have laughed soo hard...seriously, at 37 weeks there is really only a few choice positions that still work and the feeling of having to pee becomes overwhelming if it takes too long i'd just remind him that the little guy should be there in a couple weeks and it'll get better

then i would have probably been a bit ticked if he was seriouse, then i would go back to laughing b/c he was serious...lol..darn pregnancy hormones
raversangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 02:00 PM   #19
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan
Oh my would I have been upset if my DH said that to me...I mean steaming Is your DH receptive to you telling him when he says something that hurt your feelings? If so, I'd say something like, I know that it takes more effort on your part right now, but I need to you to understand that I'm not trying to put that on you and need some more compassion that it's harder for me right now.

I'm 38w3d and I feel like a whale, it's hard to move around and get up on my own, tired all the time, etc and any comments can just shoot me through the roof- gotta love the hormones, huh?

However, Last week I had to reassure DH that it's okay to have sex- he was scared that the baby would come right away and isn't feeling ready. We did it this morning but I didn't tell him I secretly desired to get the baby moving along. The best part is that he was so love-y and wanted to make sure we'd have snuggle time so went into work late. I love it when he's like that...makes me want to do it more- even if I feel like a distressed cow right now!

My DH is usually pretty receptive to my feelings, but once in a while he will make some man comment, and just not be able to understand why it upset me. I guess it's a guy thing right?

Like back when we first started dating, we were out at a nice restaraunt and he said "don't you need to go brush your hair?" He just couldn't understand why saying that to a woman was a really dumb idea, until after I explained it to him a few times .

I'm sure I'm not the only one with a DH that is like this though... it seems they all have their little moments of incredible ingorance/selfishness/being a guy.

The whole sex thing was definatly one of those moments. And I feel kind of bad because I know that he has been feeling really down for the last few days, having a hard time at work, alergies, arguing with my MIL and is scared and worried about being a new dad. So when he couldn't even be satisfied during sex, it kind of set him off. He said he was feeling really "unwanted" at the time

I'm hoping that once the baby comes everything will be okay for him. It probably will right?
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 02:20 PM   #20
hfitz5051
Let the rabbits wear glasses!
seller

My Mood:

LOL, My dh would have got an earful!