Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-28-2006, 11:07 AM   #11
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Where do you like to NIP?

I pretty much just nurse where I am. If I have a sling and a nursing top on, I'll nurse while walking around. Otherwise, I find the nearest chair, bench, curb, patch of grass.. whatever! I'm not real fond of nursing in the car because at this point my daughter thinks it's just way too neat in the front seat. She doesn't nurse there unless she's REALLY hungry. Plus, at this time of year it's too hot - and gas is too expensive to run the car for AC when I can get it somewhere else for free (i.e. in a store) . The only time I ever feel self concsious is if I'm wearing a top that I pull my boob out the top of. Then I make sure I have a burp cloth or something to lay over the top of my breast and over my bare shoulder (if possible). I still prefer to leave her head uncovered though.

Advertisement

ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:04 PM   #12
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

Anywhere! I love to NIP--I love showing others it's normal. I can't manage nursing while standing/walking, so I do need a place to sit. But I really don't care where I am.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:42 AM   #13
aschrimp
Registered Users

I would NIP all the time, but DS will not nurse if we aren't somewhere quiet! He pops on and off and on and off and eventually I end up with him trying out my go-go-gadget-extend-a-boob or being bitten. So now I go and find somewhere quiet - a quiet bench away from people in a park, mothers room, back seat of the car (too many buttons and nobs in the front). It seems like I am hiding away, but really, I am just going somewhere that ds will be comfortable and relaxed enough to eat. I'd do it anywhere.
When he was littler, I NIP all the time, including while walking through stores. But those days are over for me (at least for a while).

Andrea - Mama to Lexy (9/7/05) & Serenity (3/14/09)! My Feedback: DS EBay
aschrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 03:20 AM   #14
anne_josh
Registered Users
seller

Ditto Nordstrom's! I used to love their lounges.

Now ds is too distractible so we nurse at home and he gets a cup of water if he's thirsty while out.
anne_josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:02 PM   #15
skayers01
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoster2000
I've tried and tried to nurse and walk and either I'm shaped wrong or I'm just not coordinated enough!
Me too! I can't keep him latched on whenever I try! I usually just find a seat a pull a blanket over me until I get him latched on. I'm not shy about breastfeeding, but I am shy about my breasts. Does that make sense? I think because I've been a large C or D since I was like 13 or 14, I don't like to draw attention to them. Although I did wear a tube top the other day and mI have to admit, the girls were looking good!
Old 07-07-2006, 01:05 PM   #16
skayers01
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschrimp
my go-go-gadget-extend-a-boob

Too funny!
Old 07-07-2006, 01:18 PM   #17
genny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bought myself one of those nifty Bebe Au Lait covers and now I am comfortable nursing anywhere! when we were travelling in May (driving) I preferred to nurse in restaurants--we could get back on the road quicker if we combined our eating time with Elliot's.

I'm always so excited to see someone else NIP--about a month ago, a mama was nursing while shopping where I work (Gymboree) and I complimented her on it. I was so happy to see someone else doing it!
Old 07-08-2006, 07:17 PM   #18
SugarBunsWool&More
Formerly: RileysMama
seller

My Mood:

I'll nurse just about anywhere I feel like it. That said, now that DS is bigger, I can usually put him off or feed him a cracker or something if he wants to NIP. He's getting bigger and squirmy so it isn't as easy as it once was when he was tiny! Now all of a sudden, he's turned into quite the exhibitionist while nursing and I'm not super comfortable with that. I worry that its putting out the *wrong* BFing message, kwim?
But, we've nursed in the car (kinda cramped and not my favorite), in dressing rooms, at restaurants while eating, and many other places. Once I get all situated, I don't think anyone knows what we're doing.
I'm sad that he's starting to nurse less and eat more, but I guess its natural. I'll keep going as long as we both find it mutually beneficial.
SugarBunsWool&More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:25 PM   #19
AKM
Registered Users

Yesterday in the mall, I used the Motherhood dressing room. I'm still pretty shy about NIP for some reason, except at restaurants I guess. I've fed him in 3 different restaurants now.
AKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:32 PM   #20
Sarah
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I'll nurse just about anywhere,if we're out in public I've got a carrier and nursing shirt so I can just keep doing what I'm doing.
Before I would head straight to Gloria Jeans coffee shop and eat a muffin and nurse

Sarah
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote