Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-30-2006, 01:38 PM   #11
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller

My Mood:
Re: my 9y/o dd just started her period!!!

^^I was thinking the same thing! One of the mom's who blogs on a board that I do did that for her daughter. It was a "welcome to womanhood" type party. They took her to dinner and everything.

Turn it into a positive!! Man, I didn't start mine until WAY late. I think I was 15 or so...

Advertisement

Old 06-30-2006, 01:40 PM   #12
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

I agree with Jemgirl

I was living with my dad and my mom just kinda came and drop stuff off and I did it by myself anyways maybe I just had a bad experence with mine so I figured everyone else did too KWIM? But I would try to make it a good thing as well!
Old 06-30-2006, 02:15 PM   #13
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

yikes that is early??
i was 13 . why theygetting their periods so early? anyone know?
is it cuz of the hormones in milk maybe??
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 02:18 PM   #14
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:

Wow, so early It's hard to think of these little girls having such problems so early when they should enjoy their childhood as much as possible without having to worry about if their pad is leaking, KWIM?

I was 12 when I got mine and I suppose Tiffany will be sooner. She told me the other day that she was "getting something slimey" in her undies LOL I told her what it was and it was normal. To start looking for her period anytime now.

My baby girl is growing up! I am just so proud of her for having the courage to tell me about the "slimey stuff"
Old 06-30-2006, 02:19 PM   #15
AttachedMama
Registered Users
seller

mama

My DD is 9 and now I am terrified! LOL I hadn't thought about it yet, but I did start mine in 3rd grade. She just finished 3rd. OMG I'm so not ready for this either!!
AttachedMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 02:31 PM   #16
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OH man! My dd is 7.5 and I am totally not ready for that! I started my period when I was 11.5 & that still seems too soon. Guess its time to pull out the "growing up" books I got for her & go over them NOW!! Poor dh is really gonna freak out when he realizes it COULD happen that soon. I dont think he realizes they wont be little girls forever.

Last edited by rowynne; 06-30-2006 at 04:33 PM.
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 02:44 PM   #17
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

7????? WHAT??? You have GOT to be kidding me!!!!! My oldest will be seven at the end of this year... I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo not ready to talk to her about this stuff!!!! Not that my two oldest don't know what a period is... for goodness sakes they like to choose what pad I'll use next (yeah, sometimes I have an audience- not that I want it... but still)

I got mine 2 months shy of my 14th birthday (can tell you the exact date too!) My mother didn't do anything except say "So get the pads from your sister." and she rolled back over in her bed. To say I was a bit bummed, miffed and scared was an understatement. I swore that if I ever had girls I wouldn't allow them to feel like having a period was to be minimized nor ashamed.

I think the reason girls are getting their periods earlier is because of the synthetic growth hormones in alot of foods. They inject chickens, pigs and cows with growth hormones to get them fatter, produce more milk, etc. The faster these animals grow into adult animals, the faster they can slaughter them, which in turns, means more products to sell. The growth hormone doesn't leave their system, settles into the meat of the animal, which is then consumed by us, the human. Which then settles into our bodies.

If it wasn't for the fact that I love meat... I'd seriously go vegan just because of this.

many hugs to you mama!
Old 06-30-2006, 02:54 PM   #18
Jemgirl

Toe Jam anyone?
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdartwife
I think the reason girls are getting their periods earlier is because of the synthetic growth hormones in alot of foods. They inject chickens, pigs and cows with growth hormones to get them fatter, produce more milk, etc. The faster these animals grow into adult animals, the faster they can slaughter them, which in turns, means more products to sell. The growth hormone doesn't leave their system, settles into the meat of the animal, which is then consumed by us, the human. Which then settles into our bodies.

If it wasn't for the fact that I love meat... I'd seriously go vegan just because of this.

many hugs to you mama!
i agree tht this is a major cause, which is why i get most of our meat from a local organic farm......i too love meat too much to give it up again (was a vegetarian for about 8 years)
Old 06-30-2006, 02:56 PM   #19
deejahd
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow, that does seem really early to me. I had a roomate freshman year of college who still hadn't started hers. Anyway, I actually have heard that it's because of artificial light that women are starting thier periods earlier...but don't remember where exactly I read that. When my little sister (she's 7 years younger) started mom made me give her the talk and take her out to buy her stuff. I honestly hadn't even thought about the fact that one day my daughter (yet to be born) will have a period.
Old 06-30-2006, 03:06 PM   #20
Shay
Banned

My mom and Gram took me out to dinner when I got my 1st AF.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote