Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-27-2006, 03:56 PM   #1
hfitz5051
Let the rabbits wear glasses!
seller

My Mood:
Birth Control

So, opposite of TTC, but I thought this was the best place to post it. What do you use when NOT ttc.
Right now, I had my iud removed Monday and we'll be using condoms for now.

Advertisement

Last edited by MamaJenn; 05-02-2006 at 11:56 AM.
hfitz5051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:03 PM   #2
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:
Re: Birth Control

I am on the pill. And, every so often we use condoms - but that is rare! LOL
We so do not want another kid right now - it's not the right time so we need to make sure that doesnt happen!
Old 04-27-2006, 08:19 PM   #3
littleways
Registered Users

We use Natural Family Planning: the Creighton Model System which has a method effectiveness of 99.5%. I love it because it teaches you so much about your body. Here's info about it if your interested: http://www.fertilitycare.ca/index.php

Check out: http://www.weecuddle.com
littleways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 08:38 PM   #4
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

I am leaning towards getting my tubes tied after this baby. If I dont....I have NO IDEA....I dont do horomones, cant use an IUD...Dont know if I would trust myself to do NFP....dh wont wear condoms...

I am thinking this is how it will go down

I will either get MY way and get my tubes tied

Or

DH will get his way and 2 years from now I will be pregnant again HOPING dh will let me get my tubes tied after #4 (he wants more, I dont)
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 08:40 PM   #5
hfitz5051
Let the rabbits wear glasses!
seller

My Mood:

Dh was going to get a V after the baby was born. Big mistake, he should have done it while I was still preggo. As soon as I had a little baby in my arms, I said NO WAY, I couldn't image never having more. Not the best way to make the decision.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:08 PM   #6
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

That is why as long as dh lets me I will have my tubes tied before I leave the hospital!

I cant send DH in to get the big V because he would be the one in however many that it would fail (yes hes THAT fertile!)
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:15 PM   #7
wbkt8
Registered Users
seller

i was on the pill for a long time before i had dd. but didn't want to go back on it (or the mini version anyway) for a number of reasons. so we've used condoms since - it's been alright. now we're teetering on the edge of not trying, not avoiding.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:22 PM   #8
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been using the nuvaring since the end of october, had a paraguard IUD from april-oct, used ortho lo for a few months in 2003 until we started ttc (did that for 2mos after sofia was born, but didnt like the non-bf mom failure rate, LOL). DH was supposed to get a V after Sofia was born (he volunteered since I'm the pg/deliver person). Still hasnt happened, but thats okay....now I want a #4 But dh doesnt....so its the nuvaring for now. I like it, but it kills my sex drive
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:30 PM   #9
Bridget Riedell
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hi Dear,

PLEASE consider using Natural Family Planning! My husband and I have been using it for almost 12 yrs now, and we are also teachers. It is a blessing to so many couples lives. It really strengthens the marriage. Chemical birth controls really can harm your body, and surgery can too. Surgery is also so final. We teach the Sympto Thermal Method of NFP taught through the Couple to Couple League in Cincinnatti Ohio. It's a cross checking method and is 99% effective when practiced correctly. There are teaching couples throughout the world. Check out www.ccli.org for a list of teachers in your area. May the Lord guide you.

In Christ, Bridget
Bridget Riedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:58 PM   #10
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

See, I would like to try NFP but 1) I dont trust myself to do it right and 2) I'm with Sam on this one myself and DH are BOTH fertile Myrtles Ive been preg. 3 times (1 full term pregnancy, obviously) 2 times I was on the pill. I kinda sorta chart. I know when Im O'ing on those days we use SPERMICICE AND CONDOMS LMBO! If we didnt we'd definitley have Baby #2 here or on the way