Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-03-2006, 06:57 PM   #1
Mindi
Its a Mindi thing... you wouldn't understand
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Teen girl question

At what age do/did you allow your dd to wear tampons? My dd is 13 and really would like to stop wearing pads. I can totally understand her not wanting to wear them any more but I'm reluctant to let her wear tampons. At 13 I wanted to wear them but wasn't allowed either. Not that it makes a huge difference but I was sexually active at that age too. So I kinda knew what I was doing.
I just am not sure what I should do about it. Any help/advise please?

Advertisement

Old 07-03-2006, 07:09 PM   #2
SugarBunsWool&More
Formerly: RileysMama
seller

My Mood:
Re: Teen girl question

What could it hurt to let her try them and see if she can use them? They might be uncomfortable for her to wear or she may not be able to get them in, but if it isn't a big hot button issue for you, why not?
Just my
I think pads suck.
SugarBunsWool&More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 07:13 PM   #3
Sarah
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I agree that pads suck and the might make her feel a bit uncomforable around other teens her age. I say let her try tampons and figure it out what works for her

Sarah
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 07:17 PM   #4
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

Personally, I'd let my 13 year old dd try them if she wanted.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:20 PM   #5
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I started using tampons in 7th grade so I was 13 as well & totally gave up pads (until mama cloth now, lol). I would have no problem letting my dd try tampons if she wanted to, I mean, its her body & her AF....if she wants a tampon who am I to tell her no. Like I also wouldnt expect my dd to use mama cloth or sea pearls if she didnt want to either. Its all just personal choice & comfort KWIM?
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 07:50 PM   #6
Carrie
Registered Users

I was 10 when I started and my mom let me use tampons starting with my very first cycle. Just look for some really slender tampons and she should be fine. And so much more comfy. She may be ready for the DIVA size 1 too.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:04 PM   #7
Jemgirl

Toe Jam anyone?
seller

My Mood:

I don't know......I'd be leary too I guess! but my dd also wants mama clothe.....so haven't had to think about it
Old 07-03-2006, 08:07 PM   #8
happyhomemom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I let my dd start wearing tampons at 12. We bought the junior tampax ones. She has had no problem and wears slender now at 15. Hope she doesn't read this she will kill me. Hope this helps Lisa
Old 07-03-2006, 08:10 PM   #9
aimeemarie
Registered Users
seller

I agree pads suck. I would let her try if she wants to. I was allowed to try them as soon as I had my period but it took me a bit to get comfortable with them and figure out the right way to put them in. Ugh I hated wearing pads!
Old 07-03-2006, 08:41 PM   #10
Mount*n*sunshine
Registered Users

dd is 14yo and I have let her make an informed decision, I let ehr read some info on tampons and their risks ect.. I got her a Diva and she isn't comfortable yet with that. This month I got her some instead cups (at Rite Aid) and she loved em! SHE went out and ought another box. She was using tampons the last two cycles knowing the risks and she keeps trying her Diva. She likes the fact that this is slimmer to get in than a tampon, it lasts 12hrs, it doesn't absorb and it is sterile (tampons are not). She is having me sew up some mama cloth liners to go with these Instead cups. I say let yur dd make an informed descision and givwe her all the options- even ones you may not choose. good luck
Sarah
Mount*n*sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote