Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-03-2006, 08:54 PM   #1
Mount*n*sunshine
Registered Users

Weekly HN support thread July 3rd

This thread is for support for mamas of high needs children/infants. Check Drsears.com for some great info on the subject or feel free to ask here. This is a no drama thread. Save the drama for your mama. Last weeks thread http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...ad.php?t=17536
Sorry so late in starting this. We are on a mini vacation.

My sister had mentioned getting some support from the state for Sierras "problems". I guess an evaluation of some sort to see if she could use some professional help?.....Anyone ever had this brought up to them? Sierra is extremely bright. She is learning her ABC at 16mo, speaks a blue streak ect.... she is right on track. My sister worries that I will need help with her when she goes to school. MAybe behavior issues. I dunno. She is very hyper. I have hopes that she will outgrow this all. My sister wanted me to check for some heavy metal stuff- a DAN dr I guess?... again I dunno. So I am wondering what is Hn and what is a "problem"?

On the usual subject of sleep. She is sleeping very little with our schedule being a mess with vacation. She is doing well despite of it. I am not getting hardly any me time though. to all the mamas that need me time!
Sarah

Advertisement

Mount*n*sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:04 PM   #2
Sarah
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: Weekly HN support thread July 3rd

Sarah
I really think for something like being high needs,it's too early to get an eval. You said Seirra is bright and normal,so she's figured out that she loves you and wants to be with you.
I had a bunch more I wanted to add,but my mind is drawing a blank now

Taci is having a good week,so far. She is pretty content at the moment to snuggle into the sling and just coo at me.
She's also figured out what seeing a diaper means and smiles and coos at the sight of a clean dipe,which I think is adorable

Tucson Sarah
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:55 AM   #3
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Weekly HN support thread July 3rd

My peds don't take the HN thing seriously. They say he's just being manipulative. If it were me, I'd probably wait until like 3yo unless some significant problems show before then. I don't feel like anyone takes me seriously. If you trust your ped, I'd throw it out there and see what you get back....or you could contact the DAN! dr and at least have a consultation? I know keegansmommy is seeing a DAN! dr, so she might have some info regarding whats involved in a consult.