Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-04-2006, 09:46 PM   #1
lovemygirls
Registered Users
seller

why do I feel like this...

Tonight we went to our friends' house to watch the fireworks. It was fun to get out of the house and be with our friends.

I need some imput on my dd though. She'll be 2 years old in August. She is sooo active during the day (running and playing all day long). I know that's how kids are but when she doesn't get her way she throws a COMPLETE fight and has a meltdown. We were at our friends' house and she just completely lost it. DH and I were sooooo embarrassed with the way she was acting. We discipline her (like every other parent out there). I feel like everybody elses' kids are so much more well behaved than mine. I do know that she can be good when she wants to be.

What can we do to correct her behavior? I feel like dh and I are horrible parents. It's to the point where I don't even want to take her anywhere so we'll just stay home. Any help would be appreciated! maybe it's just the age that she's at?!?!

Advertisement

Ginger

Last edited by lovemygirls; 07-04-2006 at 10:15 PM.
lovemygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 10:27 PM   #2
leobaby04
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: why do I feel like this...

I didn't know you had a DD the same age as mine. It is the age!!! Let's just say I could have written your post about my daughter. If she doesn't get enough sleep, if she's hungry, if the sun is shining the wrong way she throws a fit. Don't fret, you're not horrible parents and you WILL get thru it.
leobaby04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:42 AM   #3
toryandrew
Registered Users
seller

Is she not getting enough sleep. We increased the amount of sleep DS was getting at that age and it helped him a lot.
toryandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:58 AM   #4
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:

It's the age and the "bad parent syndrome" I have been a mother for 11 years and STILL see myself as a bad parent when I look at my kids and compair them to other kids.

When talking to Brian the other day, he reminded me that what goes on behind closed doors of others homes would most likely shock me with the kids whom I feel are so much better behaved that ours. Other people always say our children are so perfectly behaved with the BEST manner's MY KIDS?

Well, I guess that perhaps I view my kids much differently since I see them everyday and see every single flaw. Perhaps it's the same with your child.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:00 AM   #5
Tummy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I believe that diet plays a HUGE roll in everyones attitude/behavour/ect.

Perhaps changing her diet a bit may or may not help.

I have noticed that using the 1-2-3 with my (turning in couple weeks) 4 yr old works well, nothing else seems to work for her... she is an ONLY child with her father, but with me has 4 other siblings.. she has complete meltdowns and will just stand there screaming and crying if she does not get her way..

Another HUGE THING is consistancy. I am horrible about being consistant, its so much easier to just give in the to actually stand your ground in the middle of a meltdown!

Good luck
Old 07-05-2006, 08:13 AM   #6
lovemygirls
Registered Users
seller

dd is getting enough sleep she goes down between 8-8:30 and gets up between 8-9 the next morning.She takes about an 1 1/2-2 hour nap everyday too.

I'm going to try her changing her diet some too.

Thank you all for all your imput.

Ginger
lovemygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:02 AM   #7
Lucky Child
AKA The Evil Twin
Formerly: rrandle
seller

My Mood:

what kind of diet changes (to the pp)?
ginger, you are a great mommy... it's just the age... bailey does the same thing all the time.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:47 AM   #8
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm going to 2nd the diet, sleep, and age. My oldest is 2.5yo and you can tell when things aren't optimal for him. If he's missed his nap, it's OBVIOUS. And he always behaves a lot worse when he's around MIL (she feeds him JUNK and a lot of it!)....also I think it's just the age of trying to see what they can get away with...testing limits...and also trying to get more control over themselves...if that makes sense....like my son has been really frustrating in the areas that he has absolute control over - food, bathroom, &sleep. To me, it seems he's trying to assert himself and say...look...**I** can do this. This is alllll me. Back off and trust me. At least, that how it seems in our case