Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-05-2006, 11:30 AM   #1
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

LilyPadz?

Any of you tried these? The link is here:
http://www.lilypadz.com/index1.html

Advertisement

Old 07-05-2006, 11:41 AM   #2
trinmama
Registered Users
seller

Re: LilyPadz?

yup, and i really like them. i have yet to get them out with dd2, but heck she's all of ten days old. LOL. plus, i don't know how well they'd work with my super leakers right now...hehehe. BUT, when i used them before, they were great. altho sometimes a pain when in public. but if i didn't have to nurse in public, they were great for nice functions like an AF awards ceremony for my dh, when i was in formalwear. no bulk, leaks or poking out nips! hehehe.

Yes, I'm trying out the cloth again. Maybe I should stick with it this time.
trinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:27 PM   #3
busybusymomma
Registered Users

I deal with OAL and oversupply and I actually think that LilyPadz has helped me in those areas. You really do need to apply them properly with plenty of pressure for them to work though!

My first baby I used paper pads for six months of leaking. With my ds, I started out with cloth pads but I just soaked through them all and swithced to the LP a few weeks after he was born, the leaking stopped ~3mo pp. I've been using them this time around with dd2 but my leaking has already slowed down so that I barely need them at 7 weeks.
busybusymomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:44 PM   #4
runningdiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love them. I just got them last week. I only wear them when I am out and about. I am worried about getting mastitis or something if I wear them all the time since they actually supress leaking. I am probably just being paranoid and have no basis to judge that on..... Anyway, love them. Worth the money, I love how there is no bulk and they are really low maitenence.
runningdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:18 AM   #5
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

This all sounds really great. I just ordered a pair so we'll see how I like them. I hope shipping is super fast!
Old 07-06-2006, 11:25 PM   #6
a_cthelen
My cat's breath smells like cat food
seller

Let us know! I have 2 pairs. One had little tiny ridges in it and the other is smooth and I think they are smaller. I LOVE the ones without ridges. They are much stickier, and a little thicker. I read somewhere that the ones w/o ridges are the newer style.

Hope you like them!

Wool for Sale: http://hyenacart.com/Spots_corner/index.php?u=6698
a_cthelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 08:34 AM   #7
busybusymomma
Registered Users

I didn't realize they'd changed them... my pair is three years old, the same pair I used right after ds was born.

Now I'm curious to see the new ones!
Old 07-09-2006, 11:43 AM   #8
grantsmamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

what am i doing wrong here???? i press on my nipple like it says, but there is always a tiny ring around where it is depressed. i can't figure out how to get rid of that ring, and of course it causes leaks. DS is 11 months, so i really should have this more under control by now!! i don't leak between feedings, but when i have let down, i have it full-on on both sides. i think my body was made for tandem nursing!! now i just need to have another baby!
Old 07-09-2006, 12:38 PM   #9
Lyric
Registered Users
seller

I loved mine because that meant I could run around the house with no bra TMI. IMO they are well worth the money I would buy them again in a second.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:08 PM   #10
busybusymomma
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantsmamma
what am i doing wrong here???? i press on my nipple like it says, but there is always a tiny ring around where it is depressed. i can't figure out how to get rid of that ring, and of course it causes leaks. DS is 11 months, so i really should have this more under control by now!! i don't leak between feedings, but when i have let down, i have it full-on on both sides. i think my body was made for tandem nursing!! now i just need to have another baby!
I dunno if breast shape makes a difference or not, but I press in my nipple really far when I apply them. Occasionally I have a little bit of air space and if I notice I take them off and re-apply (otherwise that air space will fill w/milk).