Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-11-2006, 04:09 PM   #1
Meisubaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Not sure how to handle this

Ashton is now 16 months and nurses often still. We are going out of town this week and are taking their Godmother shes 14 with us. The problem is Ashton nurses in all kinds of crazy positions and his newest thing is he will be on one side and then want to switch sides without letting me cover up the other side so he can go back and forth. He only does this at craziness at bedtime but our hotel room we are staying in this time is not the 2 room suite like we had before when he was tiny and we took her with us. Do I send DH and the others along with her out to do activities in the resort while he gets his craziness out, do I try to force him to nurse with me sitting up cradled in my arms or should I do something all together different? I don't mind at home having my whole chest bare but with their Godmother there I wouldn't feel comfortable letting it all hang out How would you handle this?

Advertisement

Meisubaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 04:11 PM   #2
stephdpn
Registered Users
seller

Re: Not sure how to handle this

Does she seem uncomfortable when you nurse?? If not, i wouldn't worry about it, just try to cover up what you can when you can. She probably won't pay much attention to you, esp if she is occupied with the tv or other kids. I know what you mean about the crazy nurser - mine is the same way!
Old 07-11-2006, 04:12 PM   #3
littlemsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think sending everyone out while he nurses is a great idea!!
Kaleb,
Selah,**Shiloh @17w**,
Kendrick,
**Baby@8w 8/13**, Baby #7 5/2014
littlemsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:28 PM   #4
Kellyd
Registered Users

I think just do what you are comforable with. I nursed my 3rd before I went to work each morning at the baby sitter's house. I was uncomfortable at first with her 13 year old son until one morning the baby was crying because she was hungry- and I wasn't wanting to nurse with him sitting there. He finally looked at me and told me to go ahead and feed her- that he didn't care. He was too busy watching TV! From then on I never thought twice about it. Maybe talk with her about it before you get there- you may be surprised.
Kellyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:04 PM   #5
jennyofthemoon
Registered Users
seller

I second the suggestion to talking to her about it before hand. I've always fed my crazy nursers wherever we were, but my grandmother always made me uncomfortable...I think because she didn't like the idea of breastfeeding, adn the women who did did it in private....eventually though, we talked about it, and found a good solution that worked for us...I'm sure you guys can do the same
Old 07-11-2006, 09:14 PM   #6
Ginamcf
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think I would find a way to just face another direction. Maybe take the chair and face the window instead of the beds. That way, you aren't asking anyone to leave but you can also do what you need to do without getting anyone uncomfortable. When I nurse at daycare, I just sit cross legged and turn to face the wall instead of the room. It also helps Gavin to concentrate! He is very easily distracted.
Mommy to Ian (10), Gavin (3) and #3 due 3/09.
Ginamcf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:21 PM   #7
aschrimp
Registered Users

We travelled with my parents recently, and thought we'd have to get our own hotel room the entire time because of just that reason. But it ended up that the first hotel we stopped at only had 1 room available, and we talked about it, and found out that my dad didn't feel uncomfortable at all, even with me nursing ds in bed & not being able to cover up (and he nurses in bed ALOT). He said he just wouldn't look.
It worked out great, and once I found out that it didn't bother my dad, I felt comfortable, too.

Andrea - Mama to Lexy (9/7/05) & Serenity (3/14/09)! My Feedback: DS EBay
aschrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:32 PM   #8
naomisarah
Registered Users

When DD was born, my in-laws came into town for a two week stay. I thought I'd be retreating silently up to the nursery every half hour to feed her, but it ended up that my FIL and MIL were totally comfortable with me nursing in front of them, even chastised me when I tried to leave to nurse the first time! It's amazing how supportive family can be of breastfeeding. My dad doesn't care, I whip it out in front of him all the time! He's just glad I'm giving Briana the best nutrition that nature can make.
naomisarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 02:41 AM   #9
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have 2 little girls taht come over to my house all the time to play with my son. At first I wasn't sure if it would be appropraite to nurse in front of them and then I talked to them about it and they think it is really cool. I explained what happend more aspects to them and told them how good it was for babies and gave them facts. They now say that they WIll nurse their babies. That is the way that we as BFing mothers can keep the BF going into the next generation is to teach young ones. Make it normal and they will think it is normal. Make it awkward and they will feel and think it is awkward. Feed him like you normally would!

What is being exposed is probably not as bad as what you think! sit in front of a mirror and you will be surprised at the real amount that others can see. not much with the big heads that babies have!
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote