Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-29-2006, 01:15 PM   #1
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

Pockets wicking- what can I do?

I know this has come up before. Share your expertise ladies! I love the fit, but what is the point if clothes are getting damp! Does that waterproofing spray work? Does it go on the inside or outside? Any other ideas? TIA!

Advertisement

Last edited by Prettylocks; 06-03-2006 at 08:01 PM.
Prettylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 01:36 PM   #2
Hillbilly Bunny
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: FB print wicking- what can I do?

Hmmmm..... I never had problems with the prints and i used mine for 3+ years. The prints are no different then the regular solids because they are also polyester laminate

If you want to try the spray, it goes on the outside and don't get it on the fleece because you don't want the fleece waterproof It's only good for about 25 washes or so. HTH

Maybe you just need more absorbancy
Old 04-29-2006, 01:41 PM   #3
jodi5
Registered Users

Try more absorbancy. I have found on the few prints (not fb) of covers I use, I need to add more absorbancy or I do get some wicking.
jodi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 03:04 PM   #4
roseselene
Registered Users

The FB prints shouldn't leak any more than a FB solid because the outer fabric is the same. If you do use waterproof spray, spray the outside, But i would try more absorbancy first to see if that is the issue.
Amy
Old 04-29-2006, 03:37 PM   #5
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

Well, I know HH prints are notorious wickers. Something about the way the prints are made is different from solids or something.
But I have a few FB bug prints, and haven't had any problems, so I'll have to agree that you just need more absorbancy.
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 03:41 PM   #6
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmmm, everything I've read about rewaterproofing pockets says to turn them inside out & always spray the shiney part not the outside! Also, you can get a stick like waterproofer instead of the spray...easier to get close to the fleece without accidently getting some on it
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 03:44 PM   #7
roseselene
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveblessings
Well, I know HH prints are notorious wickers. Something about the way the prints are made is different from solids or something.
But I have a few FB bug prints, and haven't had any problems, so I'll have to agree that you just need more absorbancy.
HH prints are different than fuzzi bunz bugs. The HH prints are laminated cotton and the fuzzi bunz bugs are a polyester laminate fabric just like the solid PUL that they use.
Amy
Old 04-29-2006, 03:45 PM   #8
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

oh. good to know!
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:14 PM   #9
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowynne
Hmmm, everything I've read about rewaterproofing pockets says to turn them inside out & always spray the shiney part not the outside! Also, you can get a stick like waterproofer instead of the spray...easier to get close to the fleece without accidently getting some on it
Okay- I have narrowed it down to one offender- it isn't all my prints like I thought. Do you know what brand this stick stuff is and where to get it? TIA!
Prettylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:22 PM   #10
Tobinnicole
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ya, Id like to know too, one of mine is acting funny...
Tobinnicole is offline   Reply With Quote